Apple HomePod mini - Space Grey
- Fills the entire room with rich 360-degree audio that sounds amazing from every angle
- Boundary-pushing computational audio creates the full, detailed tones of a much larger speaker
- Place multiple HomePod mini speakers around the house for a connected sound system (note: requires multiple HomePod devices or AirPlay 2-compatible speakers)
- Pair two HomePod mini speakers together for immersive stereo sound
- Send intercom messages to every room (note: requires two or more HomePod speakers)
- Intercom also works with your other Apple devices, so you can send and receive messages through CarPlay while you're driving, on your AirPods during a workout, or with your Apple Watch when you're running errands
- Siri can recognise the voices of up to 6 different family members and give each one a personalised experience (note: multiuser features are available in English)
- If you have to head out, seamlessly hand off audio by bringing your iPhone close to HomePod mini
- Works effortlessly with your Apple devices, so you can pick up an incoming call from your iPhone, listen to music on your Mac, or upgrade your TV experience by taking the sound from your Apple TV to the next level
- Siri is your do-it-all intelligent assistant, helping with everyday tasks, giving you easy control over your smart home accessories, or playing your favourite song
- Easily control your smart home and control your HomeKit accessories remotely (note: requires a HomeKit-enabled device)
- Designed to keep your data private and secure -- HomePod mini only listens for "Hey Siri" and your request is associated with a random identifier, not your Apple ID
- At less than 8.5cm tall, it's designed to fit anywhere in the house
- Wrapped in a perfectly seamless mesh fabric that's virtually transparent to the sound passing through it
- Backlit touch surface on the top provides quick control
- Note: Setup requires Wi-Fi and an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with the latest software
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 17 reviewers who responded, 12 would recommend this product.
- Late to the game- November 27, 2020
Ugh.... Apple is aiming for the low end in hopes it can beat Google or Amazon at the game. If you don't have an iPhone, your out of luck. Read reviews, Siri cannot keep up with the Google assistant. If you have Nest Audio, stick with it. You can have either an iPhone or Android. Sound quality, it's good, but to be honest, is not as good as what you get with Nest or Alexa. Besides these small speakers, really, compete with Google Home Mini or the Echo dot, not the Bigger options, even though it's priced the same as bigger options. That's Apple for you, pay more, and get underwhelming performance. At least it looks ok?No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (9)Report
- HomePod mini another blockbuster.- November 28, 2020
When the assistant speaker craze first started I decided to buy Google home, Alexa and the full size HomePod. Over the couple years that have passed, HomePod is now all I use with the occasional package track on Amazon with Alexa and a once a blue moon request from Google to read out a long answer Google search. Other than that, the novelty of the other two brand name speakers has all but worn off. Only the Apple speaker has stood the test of time. The HomePod has served as a HomeKit hub, a voice command to turn on my home theatre, regulate & watch my security cameras, and of course granular control of my lighting. Of course other assistants can almost do those things as well, but nowhere near as elegantly and reliably. So enter the smaller mini HomePod. I had reservations wondering if something that small could sound decent. Both the Google and Alexa devices were disappointing sound wise. But not this HomePod mini. It’s sound is not just adequate, it’s robust. It’s tuned surprisingly well and even the Bass isn’t terrible like one might expect. And it’s ability to pair perfectly with the larger HomePod is so perfect. I’m now wanting a second mini for my bedroom setup that will run two minis for stereo sound. Siri has become far more capable, and HomeKit has been a massive part of iOS from day one. Ten+ years later, HomeKit is the gold standard for automation integration with smartphones. Airplay 2 just adds to the experience, and when you need your assistant the device can be set up in the kitchen, bedroom, office, living room. Even better pair up 2 for an incredible sound experience which has AI driving its spacial awareness. Apples privacy policies are also a big part of my reasoning for going all in with HomePod. If you already have an iDevice, don’t hesitate. Easy to use. Easy to setup and endless applications. At this price, it’s a no brainer. Bottom line: I highly recommend this product.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (0)Report
- Great sound for a small speaker- November 17, 2020
Apple nailed it with the sound. Pair it with two to get stereo sound. GoodBye Google Nest and Amazon Echo.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (3)Report