Blue Microphones Yeti USB Microphone - Blackout Edition
- Stereo mode uses both the left and right channels, perfect for capturing a realistic, general sound image
- Cardioid mode is best for podcasts, sung vocals, and other voice work - it records sound that is directly in front of the microphone, delivering rich, full-bodied audio
- Omnidirectional mode picks up sound equally from all directions, which is ideal for capturing a true-to-life ambience, like a live recording of a band's performance
- Bidirectional mode records from both the front and the rear of the microphone, perfect for capturing the nuance of a musical instrument, or recording an interview between two people
- Includes controls for headphone volume, pattern selection, instant mute, and microphone gain so you can manage every aspect of the recording process
- Adjust the microphone's sensitivity to reduce distortion and feedback or use the instant mute button to take a break
- Capable of capturing your audio in up to 16-bit/48 kHz resolution
- Equipped with a 3.5mm headphone jack so you can listen to what you're recording in real time with no latency delays
- Innovative tri-capsule array enables sophisticated recording techniques
- The stylish, retro aesthetic boasts a metal grille and shiny, chrome-toned frame that are inspired by classic recording equipment
- A hinge lets you adjust and pivot the microphone in relation to the sound source to improve sound quality and use the set screws to secure its position
- The microphone can be folded down for easy portability, or removed completely from its base for field recordings
- No complicated drivers for hassle-free setup
- Simply plug it into your computer's USB port with the included USB cable, calibrate it with your operating system, and you're ready to record
- Compatible with both Mac and Windows
- Adjustable Stand
- USB Cable
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 605 reviewers who responded, 575 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Good mic for vocal recordings.- December 11, 2020
As a family of socially-distanced chorus members, we have been doing a lot of vocal music recording at home. We found that the built-in mics in our MacBook Pros just didn't have the dynamic range or "presence" we wanted, so we started looking for a better mic. We picked the Yeti Blue based on friends' recommendations and online reviews, and we are pleased with our choice. This mic does a nice job of capturing vocal range and dynamics, and we are much happier with our recordings. The mic is larger than I expected, and I'd prefer to put the gain control knob on the front of the mic rather than the headphone volume knob, but overall we're pleased.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warning!!!- May 10, 2021
Don't buy this mic if you care about the well being of anyone you are talking to through discord or whatever. No matter what setting you have adjusted for the mic it will pick up any back ground noise no matter what. If you are chilling with friends online and have family watching tv down the hall or in the next room, the mic will pick it up. You can have the gain all the way down and it will pick any background chatter or noise no matter what. If you are home alone and nothing making noise in your home, then you are fine. Please don't consider buying this product without researching and reading about the issues about this mic brings. Consider buying a Different Mic.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (1)Report
- Heavy duty, well constructed USB microphone- May 30, 2020
This is a solid piece of equipment. I'm expecting it to provide better sound quality than the built in mic on my laptop. There is a mute button on the front, easy enough to grab the mic and mute yourself if necessary. There is a jack on the bottom for plugging in headphones, so you can hear yourself as you record. There is a volume button just below the mute button on the front, to control the level you are feeding yourself in your headphones. The only element that is disappointing is that the jack for headphones is the smaller size, so I'm not able to use my good-quality, full-sized headphones that have the normal sized pin.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.