Google Nest Wi-Fi Smart Thermostat - Snow
Important note: Check your existing heating and cooling systems, as this product works with forced air, heat pump, radiant or central HVAC systems, and does not work with electric baseboard heating; if you have vents in your walls, a boiler in the basement, central air conditioning, or floors that heat/cool, this thermostat will work.
Helping you save energy the smart way
- Creates an energy-efficient schedule and can automatically turn itself down when you leave the house, so you don’t waste energy
- Sensors for motion, temperature, humidity, capacitive touch, and ambient light help automate your home
- Quick Schedule lets you easily customise your schedule and adjust it from the Google Home app
- Savings Finder examines more ways to save and suggests tweaks to your schedule
- ENERGY STAR certified means this thermostat is optimised for energy efficiency
Effortless control from anywhere
- Control the Nest Thermostat, adjust your schedule, and more via the Google Home app, whether you're on the couch or away from home
- 2.4" QVGA IPS liquid crystal display (240 x 320 pixels) features digital brightness enhancement film and a mirrored glass lens so it's easy to see at a glance
- Google Assistant lets you use voice controls to change the temperature
- Helpful notifications alert you to potential problems with your HVAC system or remind you when it's time to replace your filter
- Note: Remote control and notifications require a compatible device, working internet, and a Wi-Fi connection; voice controls require a compatible device
Easy to install and use
- Super-easy to install by yourself, with most installations taking 30 minutes or less
- For most homes, there's no common ("C") wire required, which makes installation even easier; installing a new C wire may be required with heat-only or other systems
- To change the temperature, just swipe the touch bar on the side of the thermostat or use the Google Home app
- Primary power comes from HVAC system wires; two AAA 1.5V alkaline batteries (not included; sold separately) can provide a battery backup
Even more features
- Colour is easy to fit in with most modern décor
- Pair it with the optional Nest Thermostat Trim Kit (sold separately) for a seamless look
- Plastic parts are designed with 49% recycled post-consumer plastic to help reduce waste
- Thermostat Display
- Mounting Screws And Labels
- Quick Start Card
- Welcome Guide
- Safety And Warranty
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 1242 reviewers who responded, 955 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Extremely valuable!- January 1, 2021
[This review was collected as part of a promotion.] I had a thermostat that boasted itself as a "smart" thermostat simply because it had the ability to set a schedule and potentially save energy, but it was too hard to figure out how to do it. This thermostat is the most user friendly that I have ever used! The app completely walks you through the installation process. It tells you exactly which wires go where. The wifi was also hassle-free to set up. The design is very sleek and futuristic. I was going to install it upstairs but wanted it to be seen! One of the best features is the ability to set the thermostat from my mobile device. Now I can change it from work if I forget to turn it off.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Nest Thermostat installation and review- May 3, 2021
I got an email offe4 from Google and decided to give the new model a try. The old unit from another company wouldn't sync up to WiFi and I wanted to complete my Google Home control of our new house. I'd done the research to confirm compatibility before ordering, which was easy and highly recommended, so I knew what to expect. The installation was easy and I'm glad I got the matching trim plate (also recommended), scan the barcode on the device and proceed with setup. Yes its just about that easy if you research, prepare and label accurately. I'd recommend this unit to anyone seeking easy remote control access and potential energy cost savings.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nest Thermostat- September 25, 2021
In this age of self-supported consumer products, I was appalled at the lack of installation instructions provided with this thermostat. What is provided, was found to be confusing with critical details omitted. For instance, the QR code required for the network setup is not referenced until the unit is installed on the wall - not to mention its location on the back of the unit is never disclosed. Lack of a model number also contributed to my frustration - the Google Nest web reference appear to be independent from the Nest website. It took way longer to complete the install than it should have - but it is working to my satisfaction.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.