New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe (Switch)
Available to ship
This product is currently unavailable to pick up at nearby stores.
- Includes New Super Mario Bros. U and the harder, faster New Super Luigi U
- Family-friendly side-scrolling adventures send you on a quest to save the Mushroom Kingdom
- New playable characters Toadette and Nabbitt are optimised to be easier for younger and less-experienced players
- Other playable characters feature unique attributes that affect gameplay and platforming physics
- 164 platforming courses across both games deliver virtually endless adventures
- Three additional game modes (Challenges, Boost Rush, and Coin Battle) allow you to play as a Mii character
- Play alone or team up with up to 3 friends (note: additional accessories may be required for multiplayer; sold separately)
- Play the game in TV mode, tabletop mode, and handheld mode
Note: A Nintendo Switch Online membership may be required for online play. Please check the game detail page on Nintendo.com for membership requirements.
Number of Players
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 7285 reviewers who responded, 7148 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Just like the classic, but greater and harder!- February 26, 2019
I wanted a game I could play with my fiance that reminded us of the games we grew up playing. She was so excited to play this game (I was too)! It definitely has the look and feel of the old school games with modern graphics and updates which I love. I thought this would be an easy game but I was wrong - when you play with 2 players, BOTH players are on the screen at the same time moving independently of each other and can run into each other, jump into them, hit them with turtle shells, etc! It adds a really difficult element to the game (in a good way). I tease my fiance that if we can survive playing this game, our marriage will be just fine.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doesn't reinvent the wheel, but enjoyable- March 21, 2019
This game doesn't introduce anything revolutionary in gaming, but still remains a highly enjoyable platformer. There's plenty of challenging levels to conqueror, and it supports co-op from the get-go. Great fun for the whole family. A nice title to hold you over until Super Mario Maker 2 comes out this Summer. I wouldn't choose this as an early title to get when purchasing a Nintendo Switch, but once you have a library going, this is a great filler title. There just simply are too many great games to play first. Here's too hoping more previous Mario titles are ported over to the Switch in the near future. I'm hoping for Super Mario Sunshine myself.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and somewhat tricky Mario game.- January 21, 2019
After getting Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze for the Switch last year, I felt like getting this other, older Wii U platformer that I would be more used to from playing the original Mario games. Certainly has the look of a 2012 game. Maybe I'm looking more forward to other Wii U titles (or sequels) to come to Switch, like Super Mario 3D World or a new Super Mario Maker. Still plenty of fun to be had with this one, throwing in mechanics and design that separates it from the older Mario platformers I remember, but also a bit of a regression after I played through Super Mario Odyssey endlessly, more so than 3D World likely would be.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.