Salton Portable Infrared Cooktop - Single - Stainless Steel
Available online only
- Single-burner heats up and cools down faster than conventional cooking ranges, with 1,200 watts of power
- Efficient infrared design ensures minimal heat loss to the countertop or table
- Compatible with all types of cookware, including glass and aluminum
- Enjoy precise temperature control from boil to simmer
- Elegant stainless steel housing with large a 7.4" (188mm) diameter burner is easy to clean
- Lightweight, compact design makes it easy to store
- Instruction Manual
Of the 1 reviewer who responded, 1 would recommend this product.
- Does the job- January 22, 2021
I was concerned that it wouldn't be powerful enough to be useful, however, for a dorm room and boiling a pot of ramen or making up a pan of fried eggs, it does just fine. I tested its 1200 watts against my stove using 2 identical pots and 2 cups of water. The smallest element I have is a 1500 watt element. This hot plate one extra minute to boil the water over my stove on 'high'. Again, perfectly suitable for a person to cook a few things. Because the top is glass, and hot, be careful not to touch it. This is NOT an induction plate. It and the steel does get warm. It's not so warm that you have to put something underneath it, but if you have a cutting board to protect your work surface, then why not use it? I would say it throws off about as much heat under the appliance as my electric griddle does, so not much to worry about. Do remember to give it time to cool before putting it away, however.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (0)Report
- Excellent achat- July 27, 2019
Not helpful (1)Report