Sony Alpha a7S III Full-Frame Mirrorless Camera (Body Only)
Powerful performance, small design
- Camera body only
- 12.1MP backside illuminated Exmor R CMOS sensor is fine-tuned for 4K images, and offers high resolution in a compact profile without compromising on sensitivity or speed
- Full-frame format collects more light, allowing for sharp images even in low-light conditions
- BIONZ XR processing engine offers incredible processing power
Never miss a moment
- Shoots up to 4K 120p 10-bit 4:2:2 and full pixel readout in all record modes
- Continuous shooting with selectable Hi+, Hi, Mid, and Lo modes for JPEG, RAW, RAW + JPEG, and other formats
- Up to 10fps with continuous autofocus and exposure produces up to 1000 RAW+JPEG
4K movies made possible
- 3840 x 2160 (4K UHD) max video resolution alongside 1920 x 1080 (1080p) resolution deliver amazing shooting quality and clear images
- S-Log 3 comes in handy for movie recording with more than 15 stops of dynamic range (may require colour grading)
- ISO sensitivity from 80-102,400 (standard, stills and movies), 40-409,600 (expanded, stills), and 80-409,600 (expanded, movies) ensures reduced noise for all your pictures and videos
Less blur for detailed captures
- Mechanical 5-axis in-body image stabilization with selectable Active mode makes the image sensor shift around in order to reduce shakes during capture
- Fast Hybrid AF with 759 phase detection AF points and 92% coverage smartly detects objects during assisted captures
- Real-time Eye-AF and Real-time AF tracking down to EV-6 proves effective when photographing humans and animals
- Seven adjustable AF transition speeds and five AF subject shift sensitivities
Next-gen OLED electronic viewfinder
- 3" flip-out LCD monitor with touch menu and controls allow for easy navigation and access to settings
- 9.44M Quad-XGA (QXGA) OLED eye-level electronic viewfinder stuns you with impeccable resolution for perfect previews
- Vari-angle swivelling design makes it easy to manoeuvre the camera at multiple angles
Seamless file sharing, optimal storage
- High-speed 2.4GHz and 5GHz Wi-Fi, NFC, and Bluetooth enabled for easy, fast wireless media sharing across devices
- Compatible with SD, SDHC (UHS-I/II compliant), SDXC (UHS-I/II compliant), and CFexpress Type A memory cards for storing loads of pictures and footage
Easy integration with supported devices and more
- USB Type-C port offers super-fast charging, while wired ethernet LAN (via optional LAN adapter, sold separately) and an HDMI-Type A port let you connect accessories
- Multi Interface (MI) shoe with digital audio interface offers up to 4ch. 24bit capability when integrated with optional XLR-K3M digital microphone adapter kit (sold separately)
- Long Z-battery life is extendable via USB Type-C with Power Delivery
- Magnesium alloy body features dust- and moisture-resistant sealing
- See Details & Specs for more information
Storage & Interface
- Sony ILCE7SM3/B Full-Frame Mirrorless Interchangeable-Lens Camera (Body)
- NP-FZ100 Rechargeable Battery
- BC-QZ1 Battery Charger
- Power Cord
- Cable Protector
- Shoulder Strap
- Body Cap
- Accessory Shoe Cap
- Eyepiece Cup
- USB-A to USB-C Cable (USB 3.2)
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 64 reviewers who responded, 63 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Best on the market- 23 février 2021
The Sony a7siii is a great camera that has all the features you'd want for filming. It's the best in its price range, outclassing all other competitors. The addition of the flip out screen and the new menu layout are game changers! And as a former Canon user, I love being able to record in 4k, 10-bit, 120fps without the silly crop factor of the Canon EOS r and the overheating issues of the EOS r5. My only complaint about the a7siii is that it doesn't currently have S-Cinetone, but Sony recently announced that it will be coming with the 2.0 firmware update! You really can't go wrong with this unrivaled beast of a camera!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shocking quality!- 4 juin 2021
I am absolutely blown away by this camera. I bought it alongside an Atomos Ninja V, and have shot a decent amount both internally (10bit 4:2:2 h264) and externally (10bit 4:2:2 Prores). ProRes definitely adds a lot of clarity and flexibility to color grading but holy crap the internal footage is nothing to sneeze at! I previously owned an a7iii and was disappointed how badly it captured Log footage. This camera puts all of that to rest. I only shoot in Log now, and it’s the best footage I’ve ever had in my life. I use the Phantom Arri LUTS with the footage and it almost entirely negates the need to color grade (almost, not entirely) HIGHLY recommend this camera!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Low light beast second only to the Red Gemini- 17 juillet 2021
This camera is great for shooting 4k video, especially in low light situations. I've never owned a digital camera that wasn't an iPhone, and the video footage on this thing is insane. Even though this camera only has 12MP, each megapixel is 8.4 microns big. That's almost five times bigger than the pixel size of an iPhone 12 Pro Max. The 4K footage is insane, especially if you shoot in S-Log 3 or in ProRes Raw using a Ninja V. As for the stills, there's not the greatest, but they beat any smartphone out on the market, and a lot of cheaper DSLR's and Mirrorless Cameras as well. If You want great stills go with the Sony Alpha 1, if you want great video especially in low light go with the Sony Alpha 7S III.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
See helpful questions and answers from shoppers like you.
This product can only be returned if unopened. Restocking fees may apply.Learn more about returns