Sony E-Mount Full-Frame FE 35mm f/1.4 Premium G Master Large-Aperture Wide Angle Prime Lens
The best of both worlds
- Compact, lightweight 35mm wide-angle prime lens features impressive G Master bokeh and resolution, making it great for still and video creators alike
- Focal length of 52.5mm (full-frame format equivalent) on lighter APS-C format bodies is great for street shots, scenery, and more
- Compatible with Sony full-frame and APS-C E-mount mirrorless ILC (interchangeable-lens cameras)
Stunning visuals and depth of field
- Maximum aperture of f/1.4 delivers extraordinary brightness and depth of field for any occasion, from indoor shoots to astral photography
- Two XA (extreme aspherical) lens elements to 0.01-micron surface precision achieve stunning G Master resolution and smooth, creamy bokeh in out-of-focus areas
- XA elements compensate for coma, field curvature, and astigmatism, and enable closer focusing distance
- 11-blade circular aperture contributes to beautiful, natural-looking bokeh
- ED (extra-low dispersion) glass element reduces chromatic aberration
- Nano AR Coating II helps suppress reflections, lens flare, and ghosting for clear, crisp imagery
Extremely precise focus control
- Linear response MF gives you precise manual focus control and ensures extreme responsiveness to subtle controls
- Focus ring rotation translates directly to a change in focus, giving you immediate, precise control for both stills and movies
- 27cm (10.6") minimum focusing distance with up to 0.23x magnification (0.26x when focusing manually) lets you shoot spectacular close-up shots
- Two XD (extreme dynamic) linear motors deliver fast, precise autofocus in near-silence to keep up with the most advanced camera bodies
- Aperture ring features switchable on/off click stops for tactile feedback when shooting stills or silent control while shooting movies and events
- Instant auto/manual focus selection via the AF/MF switch makes operation faster and easier
- Programmable focus hold button allows for multiple custom functions, including Focus Hold, Eye AF, AF On, Aperture Preview, Shot Result Preview, or Bright Monitoring
Perfect for content creators
- Great for moviemaking, with a wide 35mm angle of view on full-frame bodies and 52.5mm on APC-C bodies or Super 35mm cameras
- Internal focus is convenient to use on compact gimbals or grips for vlogging, livestreaming, and more
- Allows for a variety of 67mm filters, including circular polarizing filters, other polarizers, ND filters, and more
Durably designed for the great outdoors
- Compact, lightweight design at just 524g (1.155 lb.) makes for easy mobility
- Dust and moisture resistance means it's built for reliable, heavy-duty outdoor use (note: not guaranteed to be 100% dust-resistant or moisture-resistant)
- Fluorine coating on front element helps repel water, oil, dirt, and fingerprints
- SEL35F14GM Lens
- ALC-SH164 Lens Hood
- ALC-F67S Lens Front Cap
- ALC-R1EM Lens Rear Cap
- Soft Case
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 83 reviewers who responded, 80 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Best 35mm Prime...- July 13, 2021
I researched a single lens that would capture most of my everyday moments and for street photography. I ended up with this 35mm GM lens at the top of the list; however, many have noticed it is not an inexpensive lens. Not being a pro photographer nor rich, it took a minute to decide. After having this lens for a few weeks, I do not have buyer's remorse. I wish I had a zoom lens on a couple of occasions, but the finished product this lens produces without editing is impressive. Note: Some of the pics attached are edited.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crisp, Clean, Lives up to the hype!- July 2, 2021
This is such a versatile lens. It’s always been my dream lens and I finally got it last month. It lived up to all of my expectations. Actually, it exceeded them. So far I’ve shot portraits, flower photos, animal photos, and even done some street photography with it. The mechanics of this lens are amazing. I almost went with the Sigma but after watching reviews I chose to go with the G-Master and I’m so glad I did. The better quality is well worth the extra money.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best 35mm out there.- June 3, 2021
I've had this lens for a month now, and it has become my favorite lens. The images off this come out so sharp even wide open. The focal length is perfect for environmental portraits. It has some beautiful bokeh, and the falloff is superb! There's is some vignetting, but that's easily fixed in post. The focus breathing is very obvious when using in manual mode, but it's less noticable when just using it on AF. For photography, it has to be one of the best lenses Sony has put out.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sony 35 mm G Master- May 21, 2021
I have the FE version of this from Sony. And upgrading from that to the G Master is night and day. I’m a prime lens person and when Sony announced they were releasing a G master version of the 35 I was stoke. Yeah they have the Sigma, but I’ve always branded myself with Sony and I don’t regret picking this up.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sony 35mm F1.4 GM Lens- May 11, 2021
Crisp and clear with a beautiful bokeh, this lens can cover a lot of subjects. Great for low light and landscape, portrait, and can get up close for some interesting shots. Sony G Master lenses are awesome glass and worth every penny!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
See helpful questions and answers from shoppers like you.
This product can only be returned if unopened. Restocking fees may apply.Learn more about returns