Sony E-Mount Full-Frame FE Vario-Tessar T 24-70mm f/4 ZEISS OSS Wide Telephoto Zoom Lens
Close for comfort
- Offering an impressive 24-70mm (36-105mm on an APS-C sensor) focal length, this lens gives you a great range for landscapes and everyday photos of your kids. Plus with a minimum focusing distance of 0.4m you can get nice and close to your subject for great close-ups and portraits.
- This midrange zoom lens delivers a constant f/4 maximum aperture making it ideal for low light situations and even night shots. And with the 24mm wide angle you can get an amazing shot of the Eiffel Tower at night with the whole tower in the frame. Or at 70mm maximum zoom you can easily get in close on your daughter blowing out the candles on her birthday cake.
Keep your focus
- Photographing children can be tricky. They're not necessarily ones to stay put. So when you need to move your camera to follow your daughter's breakaway or quickly track your son diving into a swimming pool, Sony's lens-based Optical SteadyShot image stabilization works to prevent image blur.
- Whether it's your daughter streaking down the wing to put a precision pass into the box or a monkey leaping from branch to branch in the treetops, quick autofocusing is crucial when you're trying to capture action. The lens' internal focusing system achieves fast autofocusing so you get sharp, detailed photos.
- Unleash your artistic side with the 7-blade circular aperture. When defocusing the background to create a bokeh effect, the circular aperture creates round blurred defocused points of light instead of the usual and less appealing polygonal shape. Plus the constant f/4 maximum aperture offers smooth, natural defocusing and a shallow depth of field.
- The Carl Zeiss T-Star (T*) coating virtually eliminates lens flare, internal reflection, and light scattering. So your photographs of the Noon Day Gun at Causeway Bay on a bright, sunny Hong Kong afternoon come out with high contrast and high resolution.
- The aspherical lens design reduces spherical aberrations delivering high sharpness and contrast resulting in significantly improved image accuracy and quality. The design also reduces the overall number of elements needed so you get a more compact, lightweight zoom lens.
- ED (extra-low dispersion) glass reduces chromatic aberration at telephoto ranges, providing superior contrast across the entire image, even at large aperture settings. So you get stunning images with exceptional colour quality and higher resolution.
- Mother Nature isn't always kind to you when you're out and about. Thankfully, the lens exterior features dust- and moisture-resistant seals. So whether you're trying to get that perfect shot of the Tian Tan Buddha on Lantau Island, Hong Kong, as a storm rolls in or you're taking shelter from a wind storm at the Stanley Market you have peace of mind that your lens is protected in tough environmental conditions.
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 230 reviewers who responded, 211 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- STUNNING LENS...- March 16, 2015
This excellent lens lives on my a7ii. The combined weight of ±1,000gms puts no strain on my neck. Results on my 30" Apple Cinema Screen at full size are pin sharp. The attached snaps were nearly all grabbed on a dull morning within 200yds or so of Nelson's Column in LondonYes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb quality lens that is sharp and well made- September 8, 2018
This lens compliments the A7iii very well, it is an all metal lens with Carl Zeiss glass that delivers super sharp images in a size that compliments the camera and makes it an easy carry unit.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Traveling ! professional or fun! ! I Julianna- January 7, 2022
Beautiful! is for everything ! i love it an steel i love t ! I really love to take pictures! landscape! ! strest ! hiking or moreYes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great glass!- January 8, 2021
Purchased as my first e-mount for a Sony A7R-II and it's taken me a few months before I found a situation that I felt the lens couldn't handle. It's extremely versatile! Super-sharp, great feel, and does extremely well on a gimbal. In shooting some music performance videos, it certainly isn't a silent lens so if you're shooting a scene on AF-C, you'll hear a little focus motor. It's not bad but for critical audio, it'll come through. However, with AFL/AEL engaged, it makes a fantastic piece of glass to shoot some really great performance videos. I've learned that you can push the lens at F/4 and get some great DOF effects, but (as I've learned) more extreme bokeh and shallow DOF shots are likely going to need a lower stop. I'm no real pro, though, so maybe you'll get even better results than I have - and I've been super happy.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic- February 11, 2015
I read a lot of mixed reviews on this lens. I would say that overall, the people that are overly critical of this lens are, nuts. It is a fantastic carry around lens for any of the A series cameras. I own a A7ii and the shots that I have taken with this have been very satisfying. You can definitely see a difference over the kit 28-70mm that is included with most A series bodies. The colors are richer, the images are vastly more sharp. The bad reviews or poor reviews for this lens, via the net, are not justified at all. If you are looking for a excellent replacement mid range zoom lens for your A series camera and you are looking to step up your game all around, you will not be unhappy with this purchase.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
See helpful questions and answers from shoppers like you.
This product can only be returned if unopened. Restocking fees may apply.Learn more about returns