Sony E-Mount Full-Frame FE 90mm f/2.8 Telephoto Close-Up Macro OSS G Lens
Model Number: SEL90M28G
Web Code: 10383200
Sold and shipped by Best Buy
Get G series optical performance with the Sony SEL90M28G 90mm full-frame medium telephoto macro lens. Featuring a constant f/2.8 maximum aperture, Optical SteadyShot, and fast autofocus, this macro lens delivers up to 1:1 magnification for extremely detailed close-ups with gorgeous background bokeh, even when shooting handheld.
Check with the manufacturer for details or purchase Best Buy Protection on the next step.
Close for comfort
- Offering an impressive 90mm (135mm on an APS-C sensor), this lens gives you a great focal length for portraits. Plus, a minimum focusing distance of 0.28m and 1:1 magnification makes this lens ideal for macro photography and extreme close-ups.
- This medium telephoto macro lens delivers a constant f/2.8 maximum aperture, making it ideal for low light situation. It delivers an incredibly shallow depth of field so your close-ups get gorgeous background bokeh for that added artistic flare.
Keep your focus
- Macro photography can be tricky. Small insects or tiny creatures aren't necessarily going to sit still for you. So when you need to move your camera to follow a butterfly or quickly track a jumping cricket, Sony's lens-based Optical SteadyShot image stabilization works to prevent image blur.
- Whether you're trying to capture the pattern in the wings of a dragonfly or a portrait of your laughing baby, quick autofocusing is crucial. The lens' internal focusing system achieves fast autofocusing so you get sharp, detailed photos.
- You don't want a noisy camera, especially when you're trying to photograph small creatures. Thankfully, the Direct Drive Super Sonic Wave Motor (DDSSM) offers smooth and silent autofocusing. So when you're photographing animals and insects the sound of your autofocus motor won't spook them. Quiet autofocus is also great when you're recording video so you don't get the autofocus motor noise in your movie.
- The DDSSM delivers accurate alignment of the heavy lenses, which is critical in macro photography. This macro lens also offers optimal focusing when shooting movies.
- Unleash your artistic side with the 9-blade circular aperture. When defocusing the background to create a bokeh effect, the circular aperture creates round blurred defocused points of light instead of the usual and less appealing polygonal shape. Plus the constant f/2.8 maximum aperture offers smooth, natural defocusing and an incredibly shallow depth of field.
- This G series lens delivers advanced features for intermediate and pro shooters. The focus hold button lets you lock your focusing distance once you've got your focus where you want it. Locking your focus settings means you can shoot without having to constantly refocus on the same area so you can make sure you get capture every moment in sharp detail.
- Focus limiting feature can save you time when autofocusing so you capture your photo at just the right moment. It lets you set a limit on the far focusing range so the lens is not moving through the whole focal length. Both focus hold and focus limiting give you excellent control during macro photography, making it easier to shoot insects and other subjects that you cannot get super close to.
- Sony's Nano AR (anti-reflective) coating reduces reflections that can cause ghosting and flare. Delivering accurate light transmission, this AR coating improves clarity and contrast so you get high-quality images.
- The aspherical lens design reduces spherical aberrations delivering high sharpness and contrast resulting in significantly improved image accuracy and quality. The design also reduces the overall number of elements needed so you get a more compact, lightweight medium telephoto lens.
- ED (extra-low dispersion) glass reduces chromatic aberration at telephoto ranges, providing superior contrast across the entire image, even at large aperture settings. Super ED glass elements offer even better reduction of chromatic aberrations so you get stunning images with exceptional colour quality and higher resolution.
Apparent Focal Length with APS-C/DX Sensor
Horizontal Angle of View with 35 mm Sensor
Horizontal Angle of View with APS-C/DX Sensor
Closest Focusing Distance
Dual DDSSM (Direct Drive Super Sonic wave Motor) Drive Systems
11 / 15
Optical SteadyShot (OSS)
Filter Attachment Type
Round / Bayonet
ILCE5000LB; ILCE5000LW; ILCE5100LW; ILCE5100LB; ILCE6000LB; ILCE6000LW; ILCE6000LS; ILCE7B; ILCE7KB; ILCE7M2K
If you find a lower price with another retailer before you buy (or within 30 days of purchase), we’ll gladly match that price. If our own price is reduced within 30 days of purchase, we’ll match it and refund you the difference. Conditions and exclusions apply.