THINKWARE Hardwiring Cable for THINKWARE Dash Cams (TWA-SH)
Available to ship
This product is currently unavailable to pick up at nearby stores.
- Compatible with all THINKWARE dash cams (except F550)
- Connects the main dash cam unit to the vehicle’s fuse panel (Professional Installation Recommended)
- Enables Parking Surveillance mode with impact and motion detection when the car is parked
- Monitors surroundings even when vehicle ignition is off
- Activates the built-in voltmeter in the main unit, which monitors the battery level and automatically shuts off the device if low voltage is detected to prevent vehicle battery drainage
- Connecting cable is 2.98 metres (9.8 feet) long
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 203 reviewers who responded, 192 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Installation easy but not specific on wiring- August 10, 2018
The installation was easy even with very generalized instructions. The instructions don’t say where to attach each wire. At first I didn’t see any labeling on the red and yellow wires, but on the fuse holder for the red wire it says constant 12v. So I attached the red wire to a constant power source and the yellow to an ignition on power source. The park mode on the dash cam wouldn’t work with this hook up. Then I reinspected my wiring and saw a small black band on the red and yellow wires with a microscopic font saying the red was for ignition and the yellow for constant power. After switching the wires, the dash cam worked perfectlyYes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- A clutter-free streamlined install- September 30, 2018
I'd recommend this if you're short on cigarette lighter ports, or simply don't want the wire to power the unit to be showing. Install was essentially as easy as connecting the positive (red), accessory (yellow) and ground (black) to the same wires your stereo uses. The install guide recommends hooking up these wires to fuses in the fuse box, but I don't ever see that as being super straightforward, or easy. So I opted for the aforementioned method. I have the wire routed up the A pillar alongside the window, and up above the headliner in my Ford Probe. Very happy with the finished result.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Works great but- June 18, 2019
The hardwiring cable works great does what its suppose to do BUT The cable is to short i assume its because it can be wired to the inside fuse box which it would reach with no problem but i have a 2012 Dodge Grand Caravan and it doesnât have a fuse box I actually wired it to the cigarette Ports in the middle bottom part of dash there is two port one that works with ignition and one that works always with battery So it was easy enough to wire but i had to extend the wire about two feet to reach the middle part of van Other then that parking mode is awesome :-)
Not helpful (0)Report