WD Easystore 14TB USB 3.0 Desktop External Hard Drive (WDBAMA0140HBK-NESE) - Black - Only at Best Buy
Available to ship
This product is currently unavailable to pick up at nearby stores.
- External hard drive with 14TB of storage provides ample space for your vast digital library of games, movies, music, pictures, documents, and more
- Maximum data transfer speed of 5,000MB/s lets you move files with ease
- Connect to your PC or Mac via USB 3.0 (USB 2.0 backwards-compatible)
- Includes WD Discover software featuring backup, security, and drive utilities
- Automatic backups and compatibility with Time Machine (note: may require reformatting) helps you keep your data for the long run
- Desktop Hard Drive
- USB Cable
- AC Adapter
- WD Discovery Software with Backup
- Security and Drive Utilities
- Quick Install Guide
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 723 reviewers who responded, 694 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Good storage, questionable longevity- December 10, 2020
Thus far, this has served its purpose for archiving my massive amounts of video data. I had a previous 5GB WD external hard drive that died, and this was used to replace it. When the previous one died, whenever I would pick it up and tilt it on its side, it would make a sawblade-scraping sound, which ultimately led to destruction of some data. This one makes a similar sound straight out of the box when I tilt it, so I'm afraid it may have the same issues sooner rather than later. As long as it is in its proper upright position, it has no issues reading/writing data, makes no obscene noises, so hopefully it lasts longer than the other one.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- 14 TB External Drive- March 31, 2021
I found the external drive easy to set up however it didn’t come with a cable to attach to my computer, luckily I had one laying around but it’s a unusual cable to have. See picture of cable needed, the other end I’m using is USB, however I believe if you have one with the lightning end instead of USB it may be faster data transfer rates. You may want to look into which cable type is the fastest to use with it before hand and make sure you have it available as a port on your computer. The drive works fine as storage and backup and comes with some recovery software. Unfortunately I had just purchased some recovery software the day before.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large Capacity, Good Speed, No ON/OFF switch- December 25, 2020
Excellent Drive, plenty of space, decent speed. The only down side I can find is that this Does NOT have a power on/off switch and is always on with your PC powered on. As A workaround I have mine connected through a USB hub which has individual port on/off switches. This allows me to use the Windows Safe Eject function to disconnect the device and allow it to sleep. If a built in on/off switch is important to you then you should look for the Western Digital version sold as a "Elements" drive I have numerous Western Digital drives (Green, Blue, Black, Raid Edition Re, and Gold) and have never had problems with any of them.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.