AT&T Digital Answering Machine (1740)
- Digital operation with up to 60minutes of recording time
- Message Guard memory preserves messages in the event of power failure
- Call screen/intercept function helps you determine which calls to take
- Time and date stamp lets you know when messages were received
- Audible message alert lets you know when new messages await
- Remote access with toll saver voice prompts
- Memo recording, message counter, and variable speed playback
- English and French voice prompts
- Requires no batteries
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 191 reviewers who responded, 177 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- For the $$ it is worth it- October 8, 2012
I wanted an answer machine to avoid using the phone companies, and I didn't want to replace my 4 wireless phones. I've had this for nearly 2 months and it has worked fine. It is cheap in quality though and a bit funny. You can set the "day of the week" and the year but you can not set a date. I.E. You can set it as Monday at 1PM but you can't give it a date. Very strange but as I won't be going weeks without picking up my messages it doesn't matter to me. As for the feature that reads out the telephone number for incoming calls I found that annoying and turned the feature off. It is easier, quieter/more private, and nicer just to look at the caller ID.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not What We Expected- September 28, 2019
This is a nice unit, easy to set up, but it had one feature that wouldn't suit our needs. Even when the volume is on it's lowest setting, when a call comes in and the machine picks up you still can hear it. Normally not an issue, but we keep the answering machine in our bedroom mainly to weed out telemarketer calls on our land line. We turn the volume down all the way overnight. Our old AT&T model 1717 would allow the volume to be turned all the way down for incoming calls. Family members use our cell phones to contact us in the event of an emergency. Probably time to eliminate the land line altogether anyway.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simple,, Foolproof Answering Machine- February 5, 2021
Our 30 year-old AT&T standalone answering machine began to malfunction and after trying to fix it, we decided to buy a replacement. There weren't many choices. The AT&T model 1740 is a simple and foolproof answering machine for our landline phone. At first glance, my wife said it was too small, that it looked more like a toy, but it is one of the few standalone answering machines on the market. Once we installed it, adjusted the settings and started using it , we felt it does the job very well. So, If you want a standalone unit, this is one of the few left on the market. It works.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.