KitchenAid 36" 5-Element Electric Cooktop (KCES556HBL) - Black
Five flexible cooking elements
- Electric cooktop delivers premium cooking power for consistent, reliable results
- 10" Even-Heat Ultra Power element with a simmer setting delivers consistent heat at high or low settings, for even, dependable results
- 6" Even-Heat element with a melt setting is optimised for low heat, making it perfect for warming delicate sauces and melting chocolate
- 12"/9"/6" triple-ring round element creates a flexible cooking surface that can be adjusted to fit any size of pot or pan, saving you space when it's needed elsewhere
- Two 6" 1200-watt round elements deliver powerful cooking outputs for quick, intense results
Smart and convenient
- Wall oven-compatibility gives you the option of using the cooktop on its own or installing it to work with a wall oven, so you can design the kitchen of your dreams
- Professionally inspired metal control knobs give you precise control over your cooking temperatures, making it easy to get the perfect sear on every dish
- Black surface and stainless steel knobs offer a sleek, beautiful update to your kitchen
- Smooth surface is easy to wipe down after dinner, and features a hot surface indicator for extra safety in the kitchen
- Width: 92.23cm (36.31")
- Height: 13.34cm (5.25")
- Depth: 57.94cm (22.81")
Our Major Appliances come with a concierge call
There's a lot to consider when buying an appliance. That's why our Appliance Delivery Specialists call within 24* hours of your purchase. (If you complete your order after 7pm ET, we'll call you the next day.
Please note: During the holiday season from November to January call back times may increase to up to 3 days.
Some things Appliance Delivery Specialists can help with:
- Ensure you have the appropriate required accessories
- Walk you through what your delivery day will look like
- Change your scheduled delivery appointment*
- Add additional services like installation and recycling to your order*
*If you're a remote delivery customer, these services may not be available to you. Please call 1-866-585-4494 for more information, or if you do not hear from us within 3 days.
Electric Cooktop Features
Of the 93 reviewers who responded, 79 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Our 36 inch model, Looks great!- January 1, 2022
[This review was collected as part of a promotion.] It offer a wide range of element sizes including a super large triple burner all the way down to a simmer burner. Great looking metal knobs. There is a ring around the knobs on the glass to prevent crumbs from falling into the electrical area inside the cooktop.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible- February 3, 2021
After 1 time normal reasonable use, the surface bubbled up in spots around the burner. After following proper cleaning instructions, the spots did not come out. My 20 year old former cooktop was in better shape than this one after 1 use.No, I would not recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good so Far- October 7, 2021
[This review was collected as part of a promotion.] Product came as part of the appliance package with home builder (upgraded package). Very content so far. Love the pull out trays that make loading and offloading a lot easier. Two small picky things to watch out for: 1) oven (in my case i have two) will cool down for a long period after use (could be 20-30 mins), which I get, but fan will run meaning that if its after a late dinner, this can be heard in other areas of the house and 2) the timer button is not as sensitive as the others, so we find ourselves cancelling or changing our baking temp setting because we think we pressed the timer button but didn't, so you have to press it a bit harder to engage.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- New KitchenAid cooktop- November 27, 2021
[This review was collected as part of a promotion.] Have had this new cooktop for about a month. Love the different sizes for pots. Finally have a cooktop that will handle my 18" skillet. The heat control is very different from my last cooktop which cooked hot. I have to adjust the control to High if I want to brown anything or bring something to a boil. Its fine just need to get adjusted to it. I can't see where the pot should be placed on the burner until the burner lights up. The markings are so light. Also, this cooktop is hard to clean. I have to degrease the cooktop then rinse it then use a microfiber towel to clear off smudges. There must be an easier way.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality KitchenAid product- November 19, 2021
This KitchenAid stove top looks gorgeous and cooks well. The extra SS trim definitely adds a dramatic flair. Be aware that the cutout dimension is slightly larger than for GE stovetops. I had the joy of cutting corian counter top. Not difficult, but incredibly messy! Wiring was a snap. Other than the countertop cutout, the removal and installation process was less than an hour. The differentiation between the coil areas and the remainder of the cooktop is not as dramatic as the photo or in the store. Plan on having a well lit cooking area in order to easily see the coils. I upgraded my hood lighting and added a directional celing light. I truly like the stovetop.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.