Nikon AFS DX 35MM F1.8 Prime Lens
Available to ship
- This lens is designed to work with Nikon FX and DX cameras, so if you've got one of those you're all set.
- When you're snapping shots during the grand entrance of the birthday cake you'll be thankful for this lens's large maximum aperture of f/1.8, which is ideal for low light shooting situations like this.
- The advanced optical design provides excellent edge to corner sharpness so your images be full of rich detail.
- The ability to focus down to 0.3m lets you get up close and personal with amazing-looking imagery.
- Choose between the 2 focus modes to get your shot looking just right: M/A (manual override autofocus), which enables instant manual switching during AF operation, or M (manual focus).
- Adding some artistry to your photos by making the background out of focus? The rounded 7-blade diaphragm opening makes out-of-focus elements appear more natural.
- Getting moisture inside the lens can be, to put it mildly, extremely annoying. This lens features a rubber seal to minimize moisture ingression.
- When mounted on a DX-format SLR, the picture angle is the 35mm equivalent focal length of 52.5mm
- Front Lens Cap
- Rear Lens Cap
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 1555 reviewers who responded, 1537 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8 Lens- January 14, 2010
Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8 Lens has a sturdy construction: metal F mount mating ring and a rubber gasket. I have always been able to autofocus within 0.5 sec. Manual override focus ring is conveniently placed. Autofocus mechanism is barely audible. Barrel distortion is noticeable only when you look for it; chromatic aberration (purple fringing) is observed only at the pixel level for backlit objects (thin tree branches against a bright sky). In any case the distortions of this prime lens are lesser then in any but the best ($1500+) zooms. Wide maximum aperture permits shooting indoors with regular lighting handheld (with some practice).Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Nikons best Primes!!- April 24, 2011
This is quite possibly one of the if not THE best lenses you can buy for your low range Nikons (like your D40's), and even for the semi-pro and pro D series, it is still awesome (there are better non internal motor primes for those like the 50mm AF 1.4) But seriously, for $200, you can not buy a better lens period. These have now become harder to find and the prices will be going up (most places they have) if your lucky enough to actually find one at a BB for $200, BUY IT NOW. Sharpness: Awesome Bokeh: For its price, ok, but much better out there Ease of use: Seriously? Value: People will end up paying twice as much for this in the future.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Quality lens for anyone with a DSLR- November 28, 2011
I'm a starting photographer with not a ton of money and this is only my second lens of many yet to come. I cant seem to put any other lens on my camera after this one, and has got to be the best lens for the price. You get an amazing f/1.8 for the bokeh effect(really blurry background) and low lighting without spending thousands of $. Most BestBuys don't carry this lens in stock but i highly recommend you get it. The only downfall with this lens is its lack of zoom, but what do you expect from an amazing prime lens? Just zoom with your feet and walk closer to your subject and you'll achieve results. Every camera bag should have this lens!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow! What a great lens!- April 18, 2015
This is a no-brainer purchase for any DX format SLR user! The lens is very high quality and very much the same as the other "G" lenses in the Nikon line up. This lens will give the crop sensor user, DX, an effective "normal" lens at about 52mm focal length. The lens has great low-light capabilities and excellent field of view control. This lens is hands down the best value of any lens currently offered by Nikon. At this price it really is an exceptional value! Metal mount, rear seal gasket, and silent wave motor internal focus system elevate this lens to the level of pro-quality lenses. Buy with confidence, this lens will not disappoint!Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- a must buy- August 5, 2015
after ditching my point and shoot 10 months ago for a nikon d3200, i finally felt like i was ready for an upgrade from my kit lens (18-55mm). i spent a long time trying to figure out if i should get the 35mm or the 50mm- both have fantastic reviews so it was hard to choose. i ended up getting the 35mm because i realized that on my 18-55mm, i usually prefer to leave my camera around 35mm. as far as i can tell from the test pictures i took, this lens is as good as they say it is. very sharp images and does quite nicely under low-light. i can't wait to take this lens on my next trip later this month and see how the pictures turn out.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
See helpful questions and answers from shoppers like you.
This product can only be returned if unopened. Restocking fees may apply.Learn more about returns