Sony FE 50mm f/2.5 AF Full-Frame Prime G Lens - Black
Available to ship
Lightweight and versatile
- Ultra-compact fast prime G lens captures amazing pictures with great resolution
- Works with Sony E mount, offering enhanced mobility
- 50mm zoom focal length (and 75mm equivalent on APS-C bodies) makes this lens great for portraits and general photography
- Maximum aperture of f/2.5 and minimum aperture of f/22 mean this lens is ideal for artistic and landscape shots
Exceptional precision, realistic images
- Seven-blade circular aperture lets you freeze images with natural-looking bokeh
- Linear response MF allows for precise adjustment of manual focus
- Dual linear motors allow for maximised auto-focus speed, precision, and tracking
- Two aspherical elements allow for corner-to-corner sharpness
- Up to 12.2” minimum focus distance and up to 0.21x magnification allow you to capture stunning perspective effect
Highly practical design
- Lightweight design makes this lens ideal for use with both full-frame and APS-C bodies
- Programmable focus hold button can be used for performing multiple functions
- AF/MF switch enables instant auto/manual focus selection
- Manual aperture ring with selectable on/off click is great for both stills and videos
- Dust and moisture resistant for greater freedom in your shoots
- Aluminum exterior imparts a premium finish and durability
- ED (extra-low dispersion) glass elements reduce chromatic aberration, color fringing, flares, and ghosting
- SEL50F25G Lens
- Lens Hood
- Lens Front Cap
- Lens Rear Cap
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 3 reviewers who responded, 3 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Pricey- June 2, 2021
The lens is a little bit pricey just like every Sony item I guess; however, it is excellent but I have to admit that for some reason I have a hard time figuring out how to use it every time I tried to shot with it. It is a great addition to my lenses, small, and light.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Works Great on my Sony a7rii, Great Resolution!- May 15, 2021
Just got the lens today so took a few images around the house. Had to downsize them for best buy. But the resolution on my 42mp camera seemed great. Fairly quick to focus. Video was fine. I've tried different lenses around the same mm. Have tried the Sony 50mm 1.8, 55 1.8, Canon 50mm 1.8 and 50mm 1.4 (adapted to Sony). There is no question that the 55mm is just slightly sharper (but not by much), and faster, but I use my 85mm 1.8 mostly for portraits. I find the 50mm 2.5 is quick, small and wonderful for a carry around lens. I will throw that in my bag along with the tamron 20mm and sony 85mm and be all set in a small package.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best value for the money- October 29, 2021
This is a very convenient 50mm, very sharp and easy to use, and the best part is its size, it allows me to take it with me on my trips where I don’t want to bring a lot of equipment, the picture quality you get for the piece makes it worth to purchase.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
See helpful questions and answers from shoppers like you.
This product can only be returned if unopened. Restocking fees may apply.Learn more about returns