Sony E-Mount APS-C 55–210mm f/4.5-6.3 OSS 3.8x Telephoto Zoom Lens - Black
Model Number: SEL55210B
Web Code: 10288046
Sold and shipped by Best Buy
The Sony 55-210mm f/4.5-6.3 telephoto zoom lens offers optical performance in a compact, lightweight size. Whether you're capturing wildlife or action on the field, the Optical SteadyShot image stabilization and fast autofocus ensure you get sharp, detailed images. The 7-blade circular aperture lets you create beautiful perfectly round bokeh.
Check with the manufacturer for details or purchase Best Buy Protection on the next step.
- Sony SEL55210mm Lens
- Lens Hood
Close for comfort
- With this 55-210mm telephoto zoom (82.5-315mm on an APS-C sensor) you're never too far from the action. Whether photographing your daughter's championship game from the bleachers or capturing a shot of a mischievous capuchin monkey in the canopy overhead, you've got the focal range to get close to your subject.
Keep your focus
- Photographing children or monkeys can be tricky. They're not necessarily ones to stay put. So when you need to move your camera to follow your daughter's breakaway or quickly track a jumping monkey, Sony's Optical SteadyShot image stabilization works to prevent image blur.
- Whether it's your daughter streaking down the wing to put a precision pass into the box or a monkey leaping from branch to branch in the treetops, quick autofocusing is crucial when you're trying to capture action. The lens' internal focusing system achieves fast, quiet autofocusing with a short minimum focusing distance so you get sharp, detailed photos.
- Unleash your artistic side with the 7-blade circular aperture. When defocusing the background to create a bokeh effect, the circular aperture creates round blurred defocused points of light instead of the usual and less appealing polygonal shape. Plus the maximum f/4.5-6.3 aperture offers smooth and natural defocusing.
- The aspherical lens design reduces spherical aberrations delivering high sharpness and contrast resulting in significantly improved image accuracy and quality. The design also reduces the overall number of elements needed so you get a more compact, lightweight telephoto zoom lens.
- ED (extra-low dispersion) glass reduces chromatic aberration at telephoto ranges, providing superior contrast across the entire image, even at large aperture settings. So you get stunning images with exceptional colour quality and higher resolution.
- This E-mount lens is ideal for basic portrait work, capturing sports, or wildlife photography. It's compatible with E-mount mirroless cameras.
Zoom Focal Length
55 mm - 210 mm
Apparent Focal Length with APS-C/DX Sensor
82.5 mm - 315 mm
Apparent Focal Length with Other Sensor
82.5 mm - 315 mm with APS-C
f/4.5 - f/6.3
f/22 - f/32
Closest Focusing Distance
7 (Blade Circular)
Optical SteadyShot (OSS)
Filter Attachment Type
NEX3; NEX5; NEX6; NEX7; E5000; E6000
If you find a lower price with another retailer before you buy (or within 30 days of purchase), we’ll gladly match that price. If our own price is reduced within 30 days of purchase, we’ll match it and refund you the difference. Conditions and exclusions apply.