Develop some serious street cred with this 55mm Sony Sonnar T* lens. Ideal for street photography, portraits, and close-ups, this fixed focal length prime lens boasts a large f/1.8 aperture so you get sharp detailed photos even in low light. Combine that with the circular 9-blades and you get incredible shallow depth of field with beautiful bokeh.
Check with the manufacturer for details or purchase Best Buy Protection on the next step.
- Sonnar T* FE 55mm f/1.8 ZA Lens
- Lens Hood
The Nifty Fifty(-Five)
- This full-frame 55mm (82.5mm on an APS-C sensor) lens gives you the ideal focal length for a day out. Ideal for street photography, portraits, and close-up photography, this fixed focal length prime lens works great in low-light conditions thanks to its f/.8 maximum aperture. So, the photos of your late night dai pai dong (outdoor food vendor) feast in a seedy alley in the heart of Hong Kong will come out in sharp detail.
- But Mother Nature isn't always kind to you when you're out and about. Thankfully, the lens exterior features dust- and moisture-resistant seals. So whether you're trying to get that perfect shot of the Tian Tan Buddha on Lantau Island as a storm rolls in or you're taking shelter from a wind storm at the Stanley Market you have peace of mind that your lens is protected in tough environmental conditions.
Keep your focus
- Whether you're trying to photograph the horses at the finish line at Happy Valley race track or a monkey leaping from branch to branch at the Hong Kong Zoological and Botanical Gardens, quick autofocusing is crucial when you're trying to capture action. The lens' internal focusing system achieves fast autofocusing with a short minimum focusing distance so you get sharp, detailed photos.
- Unleash your artistic side with the 9-blade circular aperture. When defocusing the background to create a bokeh effect, the circular aperture creates round blurred defocused points of light instead of the usual and less appealing polygonal shape. Plus the maximum f/1.8 aperture offers smooth, natural defocusing and a very shallow depth of field.
- The Carl Zeiss T-Star (T*) coating virtually eliminates lens flare, internal reflection, and light scattering. So your photographs of the Noon Day Gun at Causeway Bay on a bright, sunny Hong Kong afternoon come out with high contrast and high resolution.
- The aspherical lens design reduces spherical aberrations delivering high sharpness and contrast resulting in significantly improved image accuracy and quality. The design also reduces the overall number of elements needed so you get a more compact, lightweight prime lens.
- This E-mount lens is ideal for basic portrait work, capturing sports, or wildlife photography. It's compatible with E-mount mirroless cameras and pairs perfectly with the Sony a7 lineup of full frame cameras.
Apparent Focal Length with APS-C/DX Sensor
Horizontal Angle of View with 35 mm Sensor
Fixed/Prime Focal Length
Closest Focusing Distance
ILCE7KB; ILCE7B; ILCE7R