Splatoon 2 (Switch)
Available to ship
This product is currently unavailable to pick up at nearby stores.
- Two years have passed in Inkopolis since the events of the original Splatoon and the city is filled with new fashion, weapons, and gear
- Dual-wield the Splat Dualies or use favourites like chargers and rollers, which have been remixed with new strategic possibilities
- Engage in popular Turf War battles or try other game modes like ranked battles or single-player campaigns
- Evade being splatted with the new Dodge Roll move
- Compete in local multiplayer Turf War battles, or you can take on opponents from around the world in online battles (note: additional accessories may be required for multiplayer; sold separately)
- Use the Joy-Con controllers or the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller (sold separately), both of which support gyro controls for precise aiming
- Play the game in TV mode, tabletop mode, and handheld mode
Note: A Nintendo Switch Online membership may be required for online play. Please check the game detail page on Nintendo.com for membership requirements.
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 6212 reviewers who responded, 6006 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Best Nintendo Switch Game!- May 3, 2020
My daughter had asked me to purchase this game and at first I didn't purchase it because I didn't think it would be good. I was completed wrong! This game is amazing. It's got multiple games within 1 game and you can purchase the Octolink Expansion online to go with this. Note that only 1 person can play this game at one time. You would have to purchase another switch and game for multiple people within the home to play. There is a monthly fee to play online, as the Ink teams are made up from people all over the world playing the switch. It's definietly worth it! So much fun.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (0)Report
- Seems more balanced than the original- December 5, 2017
In Splatoon 1, there were a lot of Specials that felt really unfair to deal with (Kraken, Bubbler, Inkzooka, Echolocator, certain Bomb Rushes). In this sequel, the Specials aren't nearly as strong which is great because it's less infuriating when you get killed by them. I'm still working my way through the single player but it seems to be more fun or just as fun as the first game. Salmon Run is also a fun and welcome addition. More games need to have that Left 4 Dead kind of co-op mode. If you've never played the first Splatoon on the Wii U, give this second game a shot because they really refined that core gameplay of being a squid and a kid.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great switch fun- July 31, 2017
Absolutely fantastic game it's bright colorful and very well done turf wars painting the floor is absolutely addicting but it can get a little stale as there is only 8 maps right now with more to come and that all wouldn't be to bad if the map rotation wasn't a thing. How it works is every 2 hours the maps change and you can only play the same 2 maps for that 2 hour block and almost always ends with playing the same map over and over. There really isn't a good way to do voice chat with this game which I don't mind as much as some do but I fell like you'd either be talking to a lot of minors or a lot of cussing so it's probably for the best.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.