Audio-Technica Over-Ear Sound Isolating Headphones (ATH-M40x) - Black
- Ideal for DJ monitoring or professional studio tracking and mixing
- Feature 40mm drivers with rare earth magnets and copper-clad aluminum wire voice coils
- Tuned flat for incredibly accurate sound monitoring across the entire frequency range
- Circumaural design contours the ears to isolate unwanted sound in loud environments
- Professional-grade ear pad and headband material for optimal durability and comfort
- Ear cups swivel 90 degrees for easy one-ear monitoring
- Collapsible design for space-saving portability
- Detachable cables, including a 1.2-3m coiled cable and 3m straight cable
- Manual, Two Detachable cable (includes 1.2 m - 3.0 m coiled cable and 3.0 m straight cable), Protective carrying pouch, 6.3 mm (1/4") screw-on adapter,
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 38 reviewers who responded, 33 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Unbeatable at this price point- April 21, 2016
I purchased these after doing a lot of research online. Even at full MSRP (you can find them lower on occassion) they're fantastic headphones. Unlike the reviewer that couldn't hear any bass I find the bass to be perfectly balanced and certainly present. Some songs I would say the bass is still a little too prominent, but that is only playing through my iPhone so it may be the way the sounds is mixed by iOS. I've worn them for hours at a time with no discomfort. They seal out sound quite a bit and they're closed back so there isn't much sound leakage for the people around you. I would recommend these to any of my friends and family without hesitation.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- An upgrade for me- April 23, 2020
I previously had a pair of M30 headphones that were used for years. The only real downside was that the ear pad coverings kind of disintegrated over time. Accidentally damaged the permanently attached cable, so I decided to buy the M40X. Great sounding with their neutral sound (good for mixing and production work as well as generally accurate reproduction) and a bit of an upgrade from the M30, collapsible, and comes with two detachable cables. Very pleased. I've ordered a set of Brainwavz ear pads which should help make them a tad more comfortable for longer sessions.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (0)Report
- great sound stage- October 29, 2016
I'm not a professional or audiophile I just love headphones aand music, that being said I really like the sound stage on these headphones they are studio headphones and can separate the vocals & instruments very easily, the build quality on these is very good not great but very good I'll start off with the pros . Pros light weight feels durable and sturdy enough for its weight and last I like that you can very easily change the ear pads if you don't like them they are ok but I can't use them after and hour but I have glasses I have to take.break most of the time Cons the hinge and ear cups are very loose I think it's for when you are in the studio and need to take off a ear cup off one ear. Overall I like theses
Not helpful (0)Report