Black Box Network SRV CX KVM Switch (KV0416A-R2)
Available online only
- Rackmounting Hardware
• 4 users can easily access up to 16 computers that support VGA or DisplayPort Video, with USB or PS/2 Keyboard and mouse.
• Support for 4 total users, (1) Shared Local / Extended user + (3) Extended users.
• Support for 1920x1200 when extension distance is less than 164 feet between CPU and User.
• Connect to speakers to hear audio prompts from the servers.
• Reset one or more host system power switches via its power control port.
• Supports DDC emulation.
• Supports PS/2 or USB style keyboard and mouse.
• Easily cascadable.
• Remote users can connect to switch using ServSwitch CX Remote Units.
• Flash upgradable.
• Easily switch computers via hotkeys, on-screen display, or mouse.
• Includes rackmounting hardware.
Easier connections than ever!
There are no bulky KVM cables to deal with—the ServSwitch CX enables up to four users to connect to the switch via CAT5, CAT5e, or CAT6 UTP cable. In addition, you can mix and match different kinds of servers on the same CX switch! Just run CATx cables from the switch's server ports to the Server Access Modules (SAMs) (sold separately) that connect to your servers. Simply choose the appropriate SAM for each server and you're all set.
What's more, you can connect the ServSwitch CX to either a PS/2 or USB keyboard and mouse—it includes both connector types!
To connect a remote PS/2 console to the ServSwitch CX with IP using CATx cable, order a ServSwitch CX Remote Unit (sold separately). Three models are available: Basic, with Audio, and with Audio Skew Compensation.
Simple server selection.
Whether you're working at a user station or the local analog console port in the server room, you can select a server to access and control via on-screen menus or hotkeys. On-screen menus make server selection simple because you can give each server a name that makes sense to you.
Sight and sound support.
The ServSwitch CX provides super-sharp resolutions up to 1900 x 1440 for all users up to 164 feet (50 m) away. And at up to 984.2 feet (300 m) away, the CX displays 1024 x 1280 video resolution. By choosing a SAM with audio, you add support for stereo speakers, enabling you to hear audible alerts.
Take charge with your power.
The ServSwitch CX has a power control port that enables a remote user to reset one or more power switches in the host system. Plus, dual power connectors enable the ServSwitch CX to draw power from its included wallmount adapter or from an optional redundant power supply if there's a power failure.
Ready right now—and for the future.
The ServSwitch CX comes complete with rackmounting hardware to install the switch in any open 1U of rack space in your server room. The switch can also be flash upgraded, so it's obsolescence-proof.
Cascadable with the ServSwitch CX with IP!
For even greater versatility, you can cascade this switch with its IP-enabled version, the ServSwitch CX with IP (KV1416A-R2, KV1424A-R2).
- Saskatchewan (Remote)
- Manitoba (Remote)
- New Brunswick (Remote)
- Nova Scotia (Remote)
- Prince Edward Island (Remote)
- Newfoundland and Labrador (Remote)
- Northwest Territories