Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS II USM Lens
Available online only
AT A GLANCE
• EF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
• Aperture Range: f/4 to f/32
• One Fluorite Element and Two UD Elements
• Super Spectra Coating
• Ring-Type Ultrasonic Motor AF System
• Optical Image Stabilizer
• Internal Focus, Focus Range Limiter
• Weather-Sealed Construction
• Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm
• Mixing a relatively compact, lightweight form factor with updated stabilization and performance, the EF 70-200mm f/4L IS II USM from Canon is an impressively versatile telephoto zoom. Well-suited for a range of subjects, from events to portraiture to sports, this zoom is characterized by its constant f/4 maximum aperture to strike a balance between consistent performance and portability. Its optical design includes a pair of UD elements and one fluorite element to greatly reduce chromatic aberrations and colour fringing. This optimized design, along with a Super Spectra coating, also helps to control flare and ghosting for greater contrast and colour accuracy when working in harsh lighting and backlit conditions.
• Version II of this popular lens also sees the inclusion of a revised Optical Image Stabilizer, which now compensates for five stops of camera shake and offers three distinct stabilization modes to suit different shooting applications. A ring-type USM and internal focusing mechanism also afford quick, quiet, and accurate autofocus performance, as well as full-time manual focus override. Additionally, this lens is weather-sealed for use in trying environmental conditions.
• Versatile telephoto zoom is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs however, it can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 112-320mm equivalent focal length range.
• Constant f/4 maximum aperture affords consistent performance throughout the zoom range and also contributes to the relatively lightweight design and compact form factor.
• One fluorite element and two ultra-low dispersion glass elements noticeably reduce colour fringing and chromatic aberrations for high clarity and colour fidelity.
• Super Spectra coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize ghosting and flare for greater contrast and colour neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
• An Optical Image Stabilizer helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to five shutter speed stops to better enable working in low-light conditions and with slower shutter speeds. Additionally, three dedicated image stabilization modes are available (Standard, During Exposure Only, and Panning) and can be selectively employed to suit a variety of types of shooting.
• A ring-type Ultrasonic Motor (USM), along with an internal focusing system, is employed to deliver fast, precise, and quiet autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override.
• Focus Limiter switch lets you constrain the focusing to two different ranges to suit different applications: 3.3'-infinity or 9.8'-infinity.
• Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
• As a member of the esteemed L-series, this lens is sealed against dust and moisture for working in inclement environmental conditions.
• Optional AII(WII) Tripod Mount Ring is available and benefits working with the lens atop a tripod or monopod.
• Compatible with optional EF 1.4X and EF 2X teleconverters.
• Focal Length70 - 200mm
• ApertureMaximum: f/4
• Minimum: f/32
• Camera Mount TypeCanon EF
• Format Compatibility35mm Film / Full-Frame Digital Sensor
• Angle of View34° - 12°
• Minimum Focus Distance3.28' / 1 m
• Maximum Reproduction Ratio1:3.7
• Optical Design20 Elements in 15 Groups
• Diaphragm Blades9, Rounded
• Image StabilizationYes
• Tripod CollarOptional Removable - rotating
• Filter ThreadFront: 72 mm
• Dimensions (DxL)Approx. 3.15 x 6.93" / 80 x 176 mm
• Weight1.72 lb / 780 g
• Package Weight2.5 lb
• Box Dimensions (LxWxH)12.0 x 5.5 x 5.0"
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 9 reviewers who responded, 9 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- The best all around telephoto period- July 23, 2018
I just got this new F4 MKII hot off the presses and used it for a few events this weekend. All of the early reviews were right - they've managed to improve upon the original F4 and bring it up to date with today's sensors/bodies. Its the best choice for an all around telephoto that gives you different options for low light/night, action, nature, zoom reach while being very svelte and easy to hold all day. The 100-400 II may give you more reach but it is a daylight/outdoors/safari lens only - this one will give you available light options which is more important to me ultimately. Canon continues to build value for their DSLR customers and I have confidence they will do this for years to come.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent lens- October 15, 2018
The image quality, autofocus, image stabilization, and build quality are all exceptional on this lens. I bought this lens over the f2.8 and saved $1000 and I find it to be every bit as capable. With modern cameras we can turn up ISO one stop to compensate for the f4 maximum aperture and the bokeh at f4 is still very pleasing. Great buyYes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent lens- July 21, 2019
This is a very good lens for the money. The reviews on it were great and I am having fun exploring it's possibilities.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
See helpful questions and answers from shoppers like you.
Seller offers free standard shipping on all orders above $99 for Ground Regular Shipments to all areas except for rural areas.**In the event that product is unavailable, you will be refunded within 48 business hours.
Seller does not ship to P.O. Boxes
Returns can be made within 30 days of receiving your order.
|CameraCanada||Restocking Fees / Return Eligibility|
|Headphones and Earphones (all types)||30 Days||0%||Not Returnable||Not Returnable|
|Camera & Camcorder Accessories||30 Days||0%||10%||20%|
|Camera Lenses and Flashes||30 Days||0%||10%||20%|
|Cameras & Camcorders (excluding Full-Frame Cameras)||14 days||0%||10%||20%|
|Drone Accessories||30 Days||0%||10%||20%|
|Drones||30 Days||0%||Not Returnable||Not Returnable|
|Full-Frame Cameras||30 Days||0%||10%||20%|
|Photo Film||30 Days||0%||10%||20%|
|Sports & Recreation||30 Days||0%||10%||20%|
All returned products must include original packaging.
Return shipping costs will be paid by the seller for all cases where the product is defective, damaged or incorrect. For other cases (e.g. you changed your mind), you will be responsible for this cost.
To request a return
Please contact the seller directly from your Order details page, and provide the following information:
- Web ID (8-digit number) & product description
- Number of items to be returned
- Date you recieved your product
- Condition of product
- Condition of packaging
- Reason for return
All refunds will be processed within 4 Days