Pokémon Sword/Shield Expansion Pass (Switch) - Digital Download
Available online only
- This downloadable content (DLC) requires Pokémon Sword or Pokémon Shield for Nintendo Switch (sold separately).
- Downloadable content is non-refundable and non-returnable. When you purchase this item, an electronic code and redemption instructions will be emailed to you by Codes 2 GO Inc., normally within 24 hours after completing your purchase. You will not be shipped a disc or other physical goods. Please make sure you provide the correct email address when placing your order. Codes are only redeemable with Canadian accounts.
- To access the game, you can redeem this code using a Nintendo Account or Nintendo Network ID ("Account") on Nintendo eShop or other Nintendo shopping services on or after the date that the downloadable content launches in your territory. This code is non-refundable unless required by law and can only be used once. The downloadable content is non-transferable. Use of this code requires internet access and acceptance of the user agreement applicable to Nintendo eShop where you use this code. Please review at support.nintendo.com before purchasing.
Pokémon Sword/Shield Expansion Pass
- Requires Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield base game (sold separately)
- Explore the new Galar region and catch, battle, and trade more than 200 Pokemon
- Use the expansion pass to discover The Isle of Armor and The Crown Tundra
- Pokemon Sword expansion pass works with Pokemon Sword game only, and Pokemon Shield expansion pass is compatible with Pokemon Shield game only
Number of Players
- Digital code
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 173 reviewers who responded, 164 would recommend this product.
- Better Approach to Post-Launch Content for Pokémon- March 13, 2021
I much prefer Game Freak's new DLC approach over the previous releases of a third game that always felt like a rehash of the previous pair of games for each generation. The Isle of Armor quests are pretty good. It adds a features that allow you to catch Gigantimax Pokémon or make an item that allows any Pokémon that has a Gigantimax form to Gigantimax. My favorite part of the Expansion Pass is the Max Den Raid feature found in the Crown Tundra. The story/quest in Crown Tundra is silly, but feels very "Pokémon"; so, that's OK. I've spent as much or more time in the expansion areas as I did in the base game; so, good value IMO.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth it- January 16, 2021
I loved both of these dlc. The isle of armor added a lot of older gen Pokémon which made it nostalgic. You also get a must have legendary Pokémon in it which is very unique and helpful throughout the game. The crown tundra dlc is great end game content and gives you so much more to play. The visuals and story lines are much better than the normal part of the game and you can catch so many legendary Pokémon and level up fast. Both dlc add dozens or hundreds of hours to the game depending on how many Pokémon you want to catch and how much you like to explore.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Makes for a Complete experience.- January 1, 2021
The DLC for Pokemon Sword and Shield help elevate an okay experience to a truly great Pokemon game. Isle of Armor provides a wonderful Wild Area truly greater than the first. The biomes in this area feel much more unique and fleshed out. The Crowned Tundra expansion adds wonderful lore and legendary encounters within the game. The exploration is so much fun and should be standard for Pokemon games. I feel the DLC helps put the games over the top.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.