Google Nest Mini (2nd Gen) Smart Speaker - Charcoal
- Voice-controlled speaker with Google Assistant helps you stay organised by managing your schedule, checking the weather, setting reminders, and more
- Built-in timers and alarms help to ensure you never miss an important appointment
- Compatible with more than a thousand smart devices so you can turn on the lights, adjust the thermostat, and control your smart plugs (sold separately)
- Upgraded audio technology plays music from Spotify, YouTube Music, TuneIn, and more with rich bass and powerful sound (additional subscriptions may be required)
- Make calls using a Google Duo account to other Google Duo users anywhere in Canada and the United States
- Intercom feature lets you send messages from your phone to everyone at home or chat between rooms with other Google Nest speakers or displays
- Voice Match recognises voices to provide personalized information for up to six users (additional setup and enrollment required)
- The built-in Google Assistant lets you use your voice to stream your favourite shows and videos right to your TV
- Volume controls on the speaker, as well as voice- and phone-controlled volume adjustment make it easy to turn the speaker up and down
- Downtime helps everyone to disconnect from technology at particular times while family-friendly filters block access to inappropriate content
- Clean, modern design complements any space and can be set up on a table or shelf or mounted on the wall
- 2nd generation of the Google Home Mini
- Google Nest Mini
- Power Adaptor
- Documentation Bundle
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 9752 reviewers who responded, 7868 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Awesome- July 16, 2021
It’s the best thing I’ve ever bought it has helped my kids a lot I totally recommend for any ageYes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nest Mini Packs a Big Punch- November 30, 2020
Overview: Google's smaller version of the Google Home smart assistant which was originally released back in November of 2016. The Good: This is the second Google Home Mini (Sorry, I still call it that even though they rebranded it into "Nest") that I've purchased. These little smart speakers are tiny but pack a bunch as far as audio quality and volume are concerned. The term "Smart Speaker" rings true here - this thing can do a ton. From setting alarms and timers from you, to playing the daily news, it seems there's always a new feature to be discovered with this device. The microphone is surprisingly sensitive and will be able to hear your "Hey Google" ques even if you're a good distance away. I've played a ton of music on these devices, controlled Phillips Hue light systems, and used it to boost productivity through reminders and alarms. This thing is so well designed that I don't really see the need for the larger Google Nest products. The Bad: There have been some weird issues with inadvertent voice recording in the past. Google has subsequently removed that recording feature through patches. Still, the stigma of having a device unknowingly recording you is one that is hard to get rid of. The Other: This thing is loooooaded with cheesy puns and bad jokes. The Dad joke enthusiasts among us will love this thing. Just say, "Hey Google, tell me a joke" and prepare yourself! Recommended? Yes.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better Than Echo In Certain Areas- June 17, 2020
I have owned an Amazon Echo (old and newest gen) for years. It by far has the most apps that it works without. However, that doesn't mean it works well. I use this to mostly control my Hue Lighting and answer random questions throughout the day. Sometimes for music. The Echo when turning on lights would often give me some type of error, not work, or not hear me at all. I'm from Colorado (where most would say I don't have an accent), well educated, and enunciate well. Not bragging here just mentioning problems that make voice activated stuff not work so well. So, in other words I'm the ideal person for this device but it would still not pick me up half the time. So, I bought a Google Home now called Nest Mini. The application itself is more modern looking than Alexa (Echo). If you have any google application they are very similar. Setup was a lot easier and user friendly than on the Alexa. It also works a lot better. I would say you can do more on Alexa but Google executes what it can do a lot better. Wall mounting is easier on the Nest Mini than Echo. Google boots up faster. The answers are more detailed and correct. The voice prompts (how she interacts with you) is more natural as well. She actually notifies you what she is doing to verify it heard you. When I turn on my lights it's almost instant. No lag time and rarely comes back with errors. Also, search function goes into google which is way better than Alexa. Rarely does it tell me it doesn't understand or can't answer a question. It also hears me a lot better even when blasting music. Like I can whisper and it can hear me. For Alexa I practically had to yell at her which was awkward for us both. The Nest also looks a lot sleeker. Audio quality is similar. All around I recommend the Nest Mini 9/10 times over Alexa. That 1 time is for the specific application that Google Home doesn't support. So, Me and Her we are done. I've got a new BFF.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Google Nest Mini- October 25, 2020
Hello Everyone, I purchased my "Google Nest Mini" and I cannot think of anything that I purchased for a long time that I enjoy as much as I do this. I call it my "google toy", I can talk to it and it answers me, never sassy, I will ask it to play me music, it does, I ask it to tell me the weather and it does that to. I am ordering light bulbs so I can ask it to turn on or turn off my lights for me. How kewl is that? I am 78 years young and this brings me a lot of pleasure. Since my husband passed away, this has been and will be my side kick until I am gone. I encourage everyone to get one. You won't be sorry and life is to short to spend your days alone. Take Care Everyone and Stay Safe. Hugs Scotia BreezeYes, I would recommend this to a friend.
Not helpful (10)Report
- Great sound for small speaker- August 13, 2021
Easy voice command from any audible distance. Eloquent volume level. Google home app makes it easy to operate from any part of the world. Great to be used as intercome for multi-level homes. You can even use it to communicate with your family remotely.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.