Seagate Expansion Desktop 12TB USB 3.0 External Hard Drive (STKP12000400)
- Part of the Expansion Desktop collection from Seagate
- Massive storage capacity of 12TB provides more than enough backup space for your movies, games, photos, documents, and other files, saving your computer's internal storage
- SuperSpeed USB-C interface ensures easy setup and enables lightning-fast data transfers, so you can spend less time waiting for sharing gigantic files from your computer
- Supports drag and drop file saving for added convenience
- Seagate's Rescue Data Recovery Services are included to help recover your valuable files from any accidental data loss
- Compatible with Windows 10 or higher and Mac OS X10.12 or higher operating systems
- Seagate Expansion Drive
- 18-inch (45.72cm) USB 3.0 Cable
- 18W Power Adaptery
- Quick Start Guide
- Rescue Data Recovery Services
- Toolkit Backup Software
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 14 reviewers who responded, 14 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- Easy to set up!- August 23, 2021
[This review was collected as part of a promotion.] This is a good external hard drive. The only downside is probably the noise, as it’s pretty loud. I like that it comes with an external power source which worked great for my use case since I was connecting it to a RaspberryPi and the pi doesn’t have much USB voltage. Since the hard drive was powered I didn’t need to worry about that. Additionally, the hard drive comes with an adaptor for many different country electrical standards so this could be used all over the world. I would recommend this to anyone trying to build a NAS (network attached storage) for their media library. Because this is a 12TB I highly doubt I will run out of space and very happy about this.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spacious and Easy to Set Up- August 22, 2021
[This review was collected as part of a promotion.] The 12TB Seagate Expansion for PC is awesome! I have a gaming PC that’s been pretty slow lately, so I’ve been needing to free up space. The Seagate Expansion is an extremely spacious external hard drive that is super easy to set up. I set the expansion up as my default backup device, so now I don’t have to worry about losing my files. I’m also using it to remove and store files from my computer so that I have more space for games. I was surprised when I initially removed the drive from the box because it’s much smaller than I anticipated, which was nice. It also came with a variety of plugs that work with international outlets, so I could bring this drive with me whenever I travel abroad. Overall, I’m very pleased with this external drive.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
- good with some issues in Linux- September 28, 2021
The Seagate Expansion can often be had for a nice price. I deducted a star because Seagate limits functionality in Linux with respect to reading temperature and sleep functions. (WD HDDs seem to not have this issue.) I notice that this HDD sometimes goes to sleep in Linux but I need to keep it awake at all times for Chia plots. The solution I found was to write a small file every 5 minutes or so with a crontab job.Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
See helpful questions and answers from shoppers like you.
We can only acceept returns that are in their original packaging and do recommend customers check manufacturer's warranties for exclusions.Learn more about returns