At Best Buy Canada, our purpose is to enrich the lives of our customers through technology.
- Wholly-owned subsidiary of Best Buy Co. Inc.
- Canada’s largest consumer electronics retailer
- Operating the Best Buy, Geek Squad, Best Buy Mobile and Best Buy Business brands
- 160+ stores coast-to-coast
- 80% of Canadians live within 25 km of one of our stores
- Most visited multichannel retailer with over 250 million visits in-store and on BestBuy.ca each year
- 12,000+ Canadians employed nationwide
- Over 1,100 home office employees working remote-first, with our home office located in downtown Vancouver
- We invest in our people through flexible work hours, remote work options, comprehensive benefits, a company-matched pension plan, an in-house professional development program, and more
Our Social Impact
- Our mission is to connect youth with technology to inspire, motivate, and empower their education
- Our School Tech Grant program has provided schools with more than $2.2 million to upgrade their technology
- We’ve helped more than 800 youth access post-secondary education by investing over $2.5 million in BGC Scholarships
- Geek Squad Academy offers youth an introduction to new technology such as robotics and 3D design
- Our Blue Gives Back program encourages Best Buy employees to help the communities where we live and work
- We’re committed to being an environmentally responsible organization with a variety of green programs across our stores and offices
- Canada’s Top 100 Employers (2018, 2019, 2020, 2021)
- BC’s Top Employers (2012, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021)
- Retail Council of Canada Excellence in Retailing Awards – Omnichannel (2016, 2017, 2018, 2019)
- Retail Council of Canada Excellence in Retailing Awards – Distinguished Retailer of the Year (2019)
- Canada Post eCommerce Innovation Awards – Best Omnichannel Retailer (Large) (2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019)
- Strategy Shopper Innovation Awards – Retail Innovator of the Year (2018)
- eTail Best-in-Class Awards – Retail Innovator of the Year (2018)
- Canadian HR Awards – HR Team of the Year (Retail or Hospitality) (2019)
If you're a member of the press, here's your official source for Best Buy announcements, statements and bulletins.
Sponsorship Requests / Co-Promotional Opportunities
Is your agency or organization considering Best Buy for sponsorship or co-promotional opportunities? Find out where you should send your inquiry or request right here.
Find out how Best Buy gives back to the community via its partnership with various organizations that benefit children, youth and families. Discover Best Buy programs that encourage employee volunteerism, promote learning with the aid of technology and more.
Learn more about Best Buy Canada’s executive team.