Quick and Easy Store Pickup
Quick and Easy Store Pickup
Quick and Easy Store Pickup is the fastest way to get your purchases. Place your order online for pickup at a store near you, and we’ll get your order ready in as little as 1 hour. Visit our store locator to see your store's pickup hours.
Place your pickup order online.
Choose the "Pick Up" option when shopping online, select a nearby store, and fill out the details of the pickup person (this can be you or someone else).
Wait for your "Ready to Pick Up" email.
We'll let you know when your order is ready for pickup, so you know when to head to the store.
Pick up your order.
You or your pickup person (selected during checkout) can pick up your order at the store. Please bring your order notification email and 2 pieces of ID.
On this page:
Place your order online
- Find the product you want to purchase online. Each product page will give you a list of nearby stores and the product's availability.
- Choose the store you want to pick it up from. Then enter the contact information of the person picking it up and your payment details to hold your item (your method of payment will only be charged if the item is available for you).
- We'll send you an email to confirm we've received the order, then we'll send you an order confirmation email when it's time to go to the store.
- To pick up your order, the billing person or pickup person (selected during checkout) must bring the order confirmation and 2 pieces of ID. At least one piece of ID should be a government-issued photo ID. The second piece can be a personal credit or debit card.
To ensure we get your order to you as quickly and easily as possible, you’ll pay for your purchase online and we’ll hold your item in at your chosen pickup store for 3 days. Your method of payment will only be charged once you pick up your item.
If you change your mind, or you or your pickup person can't come to the store, don’t worry, you can cancel your order and your method of payment will not be charged.
Wait for your Ready for Pick Up email before heading to the store!
Don’t head to the store just yet. We’ll email you to confirm your order has been received and again when your order is ready for pick up. Then, you can come to the store. If more than 1 hour has passed and you still haven’t received your email confirmation, be sure to check your junk folder as it may have ended up in the wrong place.
In-store pickup steps
What to do before you arrive
After you receive your Ready for Pickup order confirmation email, make sure the billing person or pickup person (selected during checkout) brings the order confirmation email to the store, along with 2 pieces of ID. At least one piece of ID should be a government-issued photo ID. The second piece can be a personal credit or debit card.
To pick up in-store:
- Line up at the online order pickup counter. For your safety and security, only the billing person or designated pickup person can pick up your order.
- Have your ready for pickup order confirmation email open and ready. We'll need the email to make sure we're grabbing the right order for you.
- After our Blue Shirt checks you are the pickup or billing person and have your ID, you're good to go!
Can’t pick up your order? No problem!
If you’ve changed your mind or you or your pickup person can’t make it to the store to pick up your order, we understand!
- If you haven’t yet received an email that your order is available, you can go to the order status page provided in your Order Received email to cancel your order online.
- If neither you or your pickup person can pick up your order within the hold period specified on your order confirmation email, we'll automatically cancel it and your method of payment will not be charged.
Why we might decline some pickup orders
Sometimes an item may show as being available for pickup at BestBuy.ca, but by the time the store receives your order, these items may already have been sold to another customer. So make sure you’ve received your Ready for Pickup email before heading to a store.
For items with limited quantities, Best Buy reserves the right to decline orders to ensure stock is available for walk-in customers.
Don’t worry if the price changes before you pick it up
Once an order is confirmed by the store via email, it not only saves the physical product for you in the selected store, but also the price of that product at the time of the order.
This means if the price goes up between the time your order is confirmed and the time you arrive at the store, you’ll still pay the price of the item when the order was confirmed.
If the price is lower when you get to the store, you’ll pay the lower price based on our Low Price Guarantee. Just let a Blue Shirt know so they can help.
Please note: If the price of a product is being displayed incorrectly, we reserve the right to reject the sale at the incorrect price and process the sale using the correct price in accordance with our Conditions of Use.
How to pick up a phone with a plan
You can order a phone with a plan for pickup, but it works a little differently than our typical Quick and Easy Store Pickup model.
Start by selecting a phone online and follow the steps provided. A Mobile Advisor will then call you to start the phone activation from the comfort of your home.
A Blue Shirt advisor will help you finish the rest of the activation when you go to your chosen store to pick up your phone.
Still looking for an answer?
We’re here to help. Please contact us and we’ll make sure you get the information you need.