Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch)
Available to ship
Not available for pickup:
This product is currently not available for pickup at nearby stores.
- Race your friends in a revised battle mode on 48 courses, including those from the Wii U version (plus DLC), and some inspired by Excite Bike and the Legend of Zelda series
- Choose from 42 characters, including King Boo, Dry Bones, Bowser Jr, and the Inklings, to help you cross the finish line first
- Hold up to 2 power-ups at a time and use them at decisive moments during the race
- Spice up the game and take on your friends with 5 types of battles
- Reach incredible speeds in 200cc Time Trials mode to try to beat your best time
- Smart Steering will help beginners drive smoothly and stay on track
- Play with up to 4 friends locally in 1080p in TV mode, and compete against up to 12 players online (note: additional accessories may be required for multiplayer; sold separately)
- Play the game in TV mode, tabletop mode, and handheld mode
Note: A Nintendo Switch Online membership may be required for online play. Please check the game detail page on Nintendo.com for membership requirements.
There is no manufacturer content to show for this product. Explore the Details & Specs and Customer Reviews sections to learn more.
Of the 7 reviewers who responded, 7 would recommend this product.
Averages based on how reviewers feel this product performs.
- A good buy if you didn't purchase on the WiiU.- May 15, 2017
A great game and it looks fantastic on the Switch, but unless you're as thirsty for Splatoon themed content (And I have to admit, lacklustre content at that.) as I am, I'd pass on this if you own the WiiU version already. If you don't though, totally pick it up! Having this game on the Switch is a blast for whenever you're hanging out with a friend or if you have relatives visiting. The Steering Assist is great for kids too since they really just need to know how to hold down the Go button. TL;DR ? - Great game, but definitely not worth buying if you have the original.
Not helpful (0)Report
- Best Mario Kart To Date- July 3, 2017
Mario Kart games are almost always amazing games. While some titles in the series are still stronger in certain areas (like Double Dash still hosting a superior battle mode), there is no question that Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is the best installment to date overall. I highly suggest the game if you never got the original version on Wii U, it is definitely worth your time and money! And even if you did buy it on Wii U, it is still a wonderful game and the much improved battle mode is enough to sway most into repurchasing the game for Switch. Of course, if you didn't enjoy the original or are not interested in battle mode, I would not suggest double dipping on the game, but you'll still be missing out!
Not helpful (0)Report
- Best Mario Kart Yet- January 13, 2020
I like the throwback courses from the N64 version.
Not helpful (1)Report