Best Buy Credit Card
The Best Buy Card is a great way to get the products you want right away, while allowing you to pay for them over time using flexible financing options. It gives you access to these great benefits:
- Flexible financing options† on in-store purchases
- Special financing offers throughout the year
- Easy online account management at https://accesd.desjardins.ca/bestbuy
- Free supplementary cards by calling 1 800 363-3380
- Optional CardCare payment protection
The Best Buy Credit Card is issued by Desjardins Financial Group (Desjardins). Desjardins’s interest rate is 19.9% for regular purchases. On financing purchases, the interest rate can go up to a maximum of 21.9% (see your Desjardins Cardholder Agreement for complete details). An annual fee of $35 is applicable for residents of Quebec. The fee gives you access to the Geek Squad “Ask an Agent” service provided by Best Buy. For more details on this service, please visit GeekSquad.ca.
Coverage underwritten by American Bankers Life Assurance Company of Florida and American Bankers Insurance Company of Florida, Assurant Solutions companies. All benefits are subject to exclusions and limitations which are defined in the certificate of insurance that will be mailed to you upon enrolment.
Please note: For online orders only, you will not be able to place an order using a credit card during the same month the card expires. This is to ensure the card does not expire before we capture funds. In these cases you will need to place your order in-store, select a different payment method, or contact the card issuer to receive a new card with an updated expiry date.
† On approved credit. See your Cardmember Agreement or ask a Best Buy associate for details and payment options.
FAQ About Best Buy Credit Cards
How do I apply for a Best Buy Credit Card?
Applying for a Best Buy Credit Card is fast and easy with instant approvals available both in-store and online.
Apply in-store by going to the customer service desk at any Best Buy store and ask an associate to help you process your application on the spot. You can even use your new card to make a purchase that same day.
How long does it take to get approved for a Best Buy Credit Card?
It takes approximately 3-5 minutes to complete an application in-store or online.
To complete the application in-store, you will also need to have the following:
- One piece of photo ID or two pieces of non-photo ID from the following list: Driver’s License*, Health Card (except Ontario, P.E.I, Nova Scotia and Manitoba), Canadian Passport, Permanent Residence Card, Canadian Birth Certificate, Canadian Citizenship Card, Age of Majority Card, Indian Status Certificate, Record of Landing
- A valid major credit card (optional)
*In Quebec, driver’s license and health card must be volunteered by the customer.
Can I access my Best Buy Card account online?
Yes, your Best Buy Card account can be managed online.
Managing your account online gives you convenient, 24-hour account access. Get immediate information on your balances, recent transactions, payments and more.
- Maintain your profile: Update your phone number and mailing address.
- Manage your account: View recent transactions and authorizations, as well as other account related information.
- Personalize your credit card: Request a credit line increase and Set up Account Alerts.
How do I make payments towards my Best Buy Card?
Please note: Best Buy Gift Cards, Best Buy E-Gift Cards, and other major credit cards cannot be accepted for account payments.
+ Principal payments made to equal payment financing plans and deferred payment-financing plans are considered additional payments (separate from the monthly financing payment) that can be made at any time before the due date to reduce the balance in whole or in part.
Who do I contact if I have a customer service issue with my Best Buy Card?
Best Buy Card
Canada and U.S. 1 800 363-3380
Desjardins Card Services
P.O. Box 8601
Extended Financing Offers
With a Best Buy Credit Card, you have access to 6, 12, 24, and 36-month financing options. Ask any of our in-store associates how to take advantage of these options. Extended financing is only available for in-store purchases, and Reserve and Pickup orders. Unfortunately, online purchases are not eligible for extended financing.
CardCare Credit Card Balance Insurance
CardCare credit card balance insurance provides you with 6 ways to pay down your balance, or cover your monthly payments if you experience an unforeseen event. The CardCare insurance plan is available for a low monthly premium of $1.19 (plus applicable taxes) per $100 of outstanding balance, less Deferred Payment Financing plans.
Outstanding balance is (i) the amount owing on your account statement; or (ii) for residents of Quebec, the average daily balance.
- Life may pay your outstanding balance, to a maximum of $25,000, if you or your spouse up to age 65 dies. Converts to Accidental Death at age 66.
- Dismemberment may pay the outstanding balance, to a maximum of $25,000, if you or your spouse up to age 65 should lose a hand, a foot, or totally lose sight in both eyes. Converts to Accidental Dismemberment at age 66.
- Accidental Death and Accidental Dismemberment at Age 66 or Over may pay your outstanding balance, to a maximum of $25,000, if you or your spouse dies or should lose a hand, a foot, or totally lose sight in both eyes.
- Involuntary Loss of Employment may pay a Monthly Benefit (described below) for up to 24 consecutive months, to a maximum of $25,000, if you become involuntarily unemployed for at least 30 consecutive days.
- Total Disability may pay a Monthly Benefit payment for up to 24 consecutive months, to a maximum of $25,000, if you are unable to work for at least 30 consecutive days because of an accident or illness.
- Disability Requiring Hospitalization may pay a Monthly Benefit if you are hospitalized for at least 24 hours. If you are hospitalized for more than 30 consecutive days, it may pay your outstanding balance at the initial hospitalization, to a maximum of $25,000, less the benefit paid following the initial 24 hours.
To be eligible for CardCare credit card balance insurance, the Insured Account Holder must be an individual, at least age 18 and less than age 65. To be eligible for Total Disability and Loss of Employment benefits, the Insured Account Holder must be gainfully employed on a permanent full-time, 25 hours or more per week basis immediately prior to the time of loss. Benefits are retroactive to the first day of loss. The entire Certificate of Insurance is void if at any time the Insured Account Holder conceals or misrepresents any material fact, or commits or attempts fraud. A misstatement of age limits the insurer’s liability to a refund of premium paid. “Monthly Benefit” means the greater of $10 or 5% of your outstanding balance as of your account statement date at or prior to Total Disability, Involuntary Loss of Employment or Disability Requiring Hospitalization.
CardCare credit card balance insurance is voluntary. For your convenience, the premium of the CardCare insurance plan (plus applicable taxes) is automatically charged to your Best Buy account and will be included on your Best Buy statement every month. This optional insurance is underwritten by American Bankers Insurance Company of Florida (ABIC) and American Bankers Life Assurance Company of Florida (ABLAC) under Group Master Policy Numbers 0415CC and 0415CCL. ABIC, ABLAC, their subsidiaries and affiliates carry on business in Canada under the name of Assurant Solutions®. ®Assurant Solutions is a registered trademark of Assurant, Inc. This is only a brief, plain language description of the coverage. Details of this insurance coverage, including definitions, benefits, limitations, and exclusions, are in the Certificate of Insurance you will receive within 30 days. For Quebec residents, you may also refer to the Distribution Guide. You have 30 days to examine the Certificate of Insurance. If you cancel the credit card balance insurance within 30 days of receiving the Certificate of Insurance, any premium paid will be credited to your account. If you cancel the insurance after this time, you will receive a prorated refund of unearned premium credited to your account.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this coverage please call the insurer 1-877-521-0261 or write to them at: Assurant Solutions P.O. Box 7200, Kingston, Ontario K7L 5V5.