Geek Squad Data Recovery Service - Tier 2 - In-Store Only
Your computer may no longer recognize your hard drive, but a Geek Squad Agent still has ways to help. Bring in your non-functioning or inaccessible hard drive or flash drive and an Agent will use advanced methods in an off-site clean room to recover your valuable data.
- Tier 2 service is meant for hard drives that cannot be recognized by the computer, but are not physically damaged. If your hard drive can be recognized you can try Tier 1 (10167406) service, but if the drive is physically damaged you'll need Tier 3 (10167409) service.
- A Geek Squad agent will use advanced recovery methods in an off-site clean room to retrieve files on your hard drive or flash drive. Tier 2 includes firmware corruption or electronic failure.
- Issues consist of but are not limited to firmware corruption, drive error, electronic failure, power spike, problem with the controller board, electrical surge, liquid spill or more.
How to Prepare for Your In-store Service:
- Bring the device that requires service
- If the device is a computer (desktop or laptop, PC or Mac), please bring along any system discs and required accessories like power adapters, specialty cables, and batteries.