Common Questions About COVID-19
In this time of uncertainty, we know you may have questions about interacting with Best Buy. We've answered some common questions you may have below, and we will continue to update this list as things change.
Store Hours and Experience
Are Best Buy stores open?
Our Centreville store in Montreal is closed until further notice, due to an incident of COVID-19. Anyone that visited the store from July 4 to 9, 2020 should follow guidelines set by provincial health.
Shipping and Deliveries
Are you still shipping items purchased online?
Yes. You can still order from BestBuy.ca and have items delivered to your home. Please be aware that, for the moment, large items such as appliances, large TVs, and some exercise equipment will need our scheduled delivery service.
When will my delivery arrive?
Due to a large increase in shipping volume, we are experiencing delays in delivery time and how soon tracking information is updated. If you’ve already placed an order, follow these easy steps and track your order.
If your tracking information is taking a while to update, know this is normal. Simply check back later for the most accurate delivery information.
What delivery precautions are being taken?
Our trusted delivery agents will be following strict health and safety protocols to keep everyone safe. These protocols include a minimum of two daily health checks, wearing personal protective equipment (goggles, mask, and gloves), and following physical distancing and cleanliness recommendations.
What services have changed?
We have made the following temporary changes to our services to ensure the well-being of our team members and customers:
- We will continue to provide in-store computer repair services where available. A Geek Squad Agent will meet you at the door to discuss the repair process.
- Major appliance and television repairs for products covered by Geek Squad Protection plans, as well as appliance installation and assembly services, will be available beginning May 12, 2020.
- We are working toward resuming all Geek Squad in-home installation and repair service in June. In the meantime, our Remote Support Agents are available 24/7 to help you with tech issues, from strengthening your Wi-Fi signal to setting up your home office tech. As always, our Geek Squad Home and Business members have unlimited Remote Support included in their membership.
- We continue to offer Geek Squad Protection (extended warranty) and support to our customers who have a claim on their Geek Squad Protection plan.
- We are not accepting electronics for recycling.
Precautions and Safety
How are you protecting your employees and customers?
The safety and well-being of our team members and customers is our number one priority. We have introduced several measures to respond to the threat of COVID-19:
- Hand sanitizer is available for employees throughout our stores, and cleaning services have been ramped up.
- Employees are provided protective gear, including gloves and masks.
- Employees work to maintain a physical distance of 6 feet, and wipe down working areas after every customer interaction.
- Specific instructions about hand-washing, staying home if they feel sick, and physical distancing are being shared with employees on an ongoing basis.
- A strict travel policy is in place, we have cancelled all large in-person meetings, and all travel for staff.
- At certain locations, we are requiring that all customers wear masks or face coverings while shopping in our stores. Use our store locator to see if masks are required at your local store.
Is it safe for those who are working at Best Buy?
We are following strict health guidelines to ensure the well-being of our team members. Employees are being asked—not required—to perform their roles, and will be equipped with all the necessary equipment to keep themselves and our customers safe.
Are there any store closures due to employees with COVID-19?
We closed our Centreville store in Montreal on July 10 after an employee was diagnosed with COVID-19. Our colleague is now at home in isolation. We wish them a quick return to good health.
How will I know if I’ve come into contact with someone in a store who has COVID-19?
Where possible, we are notifying customers directly that we believe may have been in close proximity to this employee. Anyone that visited our Centreville store in Montreal from July 4 to 9 2020 should follow guidelines set by provincial health, including self-monitoring for symptoms.
What should I do if I’ve come into contact with someone in a store who has contracted COVID-19?
Please follow Health Canada recommendations, which include self-isolating for 14 days, self-monitoring for symptoms, and following the directions of your local or provincial healthcare authority for receiving medical support.
Are you still accepting returns?
Yes. Learn what your options are for making a return by taking a look at our Best Buy product return policy.
How do I return an item?
Please consult our Returns and Exchanges page for up-to-date information on how to return specific items.
Getting in Contact
How can I contact Best Buy?
Please note that our contact centre is really busy during this challenging time. We apologize for the inconvenience and we're committed to helping you. These are the most efficient ways to contact us right now:
- If it’s urgent, please try using live chat first.
- If live chat is offline, please give call us at 1-866-237-8289. We have a convenient call-back feature so you won’t have to wait on hold.
- If it isn’t urgent, feel free to email us. Please note: it’ll take 5 to 7 business days for us to reply due to the high contact centre volume.