Text Message Terms and Conditions
Text Message Terms and Conditions
Best Buy Text Message Terms & Conditions
By “Opting In” to or using a Best Buy “Text Message Service” (both terms defined below), you accept these Terms & Conditions.
- “Text Message Service” includes any arrangement or situation in which Best Buy sends (or indicates that it may send, or receives a request that it send) one or more text messages.
- “Opting In,” “Opt In” and “Opt-In” refer to requesting, joining, agreeing to, enrolling in, signing up for, acknowledging, subscribing, or otherwise consenting to receive one or more text messages.
- “Opting Out,” “Opt Out” and “Opt-Out” refer to unsubscribing, un-enrolling, requesting to unsubscribe or unenroll, revoking consent, or otherwise requesting to cease receiving one or more text messages.
- “Best Buy” means Best Buy Canada Ltd. located at 8800 Glenlyon Parkway, Burnaby, BC, V5J 5K3.
By Opting In to a Text Message Service:
- You authorize Best Buy and its third party suppliers to use autodialer or non-autodialer technology to send text messages to the cell phone number associated with your Opt-In (i.e., the number listed on the Opt-In form or instructions, or, if none, the number from which you send the Opt-In, or, if none, the number on file for the account associated with your Opt-In). You also authorize Best Buy to include marketing content in any such messages. You do not have to Opt In or agree to Opt In as a condition of purchase.
- You are signing your Opt-In to the Text Message Service.
- You confirm that you are the subscriber to the relevant phone number or that you are the customary user of that number on a family or business plan and that you are authorized to Opt In.
- You consent to the use of an electronic record to document your Opt-In.
After Opting In, in addition to the main messages the service offers, you may receive one or more welcome messages or administrative messages, such as (in some cases) a request to confirm your Opt-In.
- You may Opt Out of the Text Message Service at any time by replying “STOP” to the text message received or email firstname.lastname@example.org
with requested phone number.
- By Opting Out, you will no longer receive text messages for the specific Text Message Service to which you subscribed, whether queue notifications, delivery notifications, Geek Squad repair notifications or otherwise. You may still receive notifications from other Text Messaging Services to which you are subscribed or subscribe to in the future.
To unsubscribe from Best Buy promotional messages, please visit https://www.bestbuy.ca/account/en-ca/email-unsubscribe
About the Text Message Services
Message and data rates may apply. Unless otherwise noted, Text Message Services send multiple, recurring messages. Best Buy may terminate any Text Message Service or your participation in it at any time with or without notice, including, for example, before you have received any or all messages that you otherwise would have received, but these Terms & Conditions still will apply. For services operated through 22922, you can get help by texting HELP to 22922, and you can opt out by texting STOP to 22922. Your Opt-Out request may generate either a confirmation text or a texted request to clarify the Text Message Service to which it applies (if you have more than one). To complete your Opt-Out, please provide the requested clarification.
You consent to the use of an electronic record to document your Opt-In. To withdraw that consent, request a free paper or email copy of the Opt-In or Opt-Out, or to update our records with your contact information, please call 1-866-237-8289 or email email@example.com with the phone number and request. To view and retain an electronic copy of these Terms & Conditions or the rest of your Opt-In or Opt-Out, you will need (i) a device (such as a computer or cell phone) with internet access, and (ii) either a printer or storage space on such device. For an email copy, you’ll also need an email account you can access from the device, along with a browser or other software that can display the emails. These Terms & Conditions still will apply if you withdraw the consent mentioned above or opt out of the Text Message Service.
YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE TEXT MESSAGE SERVICE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE TEXT MESSAGE SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, BEST BUY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. BEST BUY MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT THE TEXT MESSAGE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT THE TEXT MESSAGE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR FREE, NOR DOES BEST BUY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE TEXT MESSAGE SERVICE OR AS TO THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE SERVICE. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM BEST BUY OR THROUGH THE SERVICE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Best Buy is not liable for any failure or delay in performance due to any cause beyond its control, such as Acts of God, natural disasters, public health emergencies, epidemics or pandemics.
The 22922 short code we use for some Text Message Services is supported on all Canadian carriers. Please note, however, that the supporting mobile carriers may change without notice, and the particular Text Message Service you join, including those operated through a different number, may be limited to specific carriers. Best Buy and the mobile carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
Changes to these Terms and Conditions
Best Buy may, in its sole discretion, change these terms and conditions from time to time as it relates to future use of the remote support services, by posting revised terms and conditions on the website. By using remote support services after the revised terms and conditions have been posted, you signify your acceptance and agreement to be bound by the revised terms and conditions.