Purchasing a Mobile Device at Best Buy
Purchasing a Mobile Device at Best Buy
Best Buy Mobile offers the best choice of mobile devices on the widest selection of networks in Canada. We have dedicated Best Buy Mobile stores that deal specifically with all your mobile needs; from finding the right phone and accessories to linking up with the right provider. You’ll also find a Best Buy Mobile department inside every Best Buy store location, where Mobile Advisors are always ready to help you find your perfect device.
Use our store locator to find a Best Buy Mobile location near you.
In-store activation required
When buying a new phone or signing up for a new plan, your new activation must be completed in store with the help of one of our Mobile Advisors.
Keep in mind that our cell phone promotions change often, and phone prices and offers are subject to change overnight without notice. To ensure you receive the price, promotion, or offer displayed, activations must be completed in-store on the same day you see the offer.
If you have an existing account you can visit your nearest Best Buy Mobile location and ask an associate to check your eligibility before making your purchase or reservation. Some devices can be purchased at the full price without a commitment; however, this depends on the device and they cannot be purchased or reserved online.
When making a wireless purchase, you’ll need two pieces of government-issued photo ID.
Get everything set up with a Mobile Advisor
Whether you’re starting your activation online or in store, our Mobile Advisors are there for you every step of the way. You'll discuss the things that matter to you, whether it's phone model, budget, or plan inclusions across different carriers. Once you decide on the phone and plan that's right for you, a Mobile Advisor will help you get set up with a new activation.
To make sure you walk out of our store with your phone ready to go, a Mobile Advisor will also help you set up features on your new smartphone, insert the SIM card and verify you have active service, teach you some cool tricks, and answer any questions you may have.
When setting up a new phone or plan, you should set aside at least 30 minutes to ensure your device will be set up properly and all your questions can be answered.
Best Buy Mobile Quick and Easy Store Pickup
Best Buy Mobile locations now support Quick and Easy Store Pickup, which allows you to reserve your new device from the web and get confirmation within 20 minutes (during regular store hours).
To reserve your mobile device:
- Click the “Reserve in Store” button in your cart or as you browse the site.
- Choose the store where you’d like to pick up your item(s).
- Enter the contact information of the person picking up the item(s) (the reserved item(s) will be held under this name).
- Click “Reserve Now”.
- Within 20 minutes (during regular store hours), you should receive an email confirming your reservation. Do not go to the store before receiving this confirmation.
- You should also receive a phone call at the number you provided to go over a few details about your mobile device reservation and to suggest the best time when you can come to the store.
- Once in store, head to the Customer Service counter.
- Provide the contact information you entered online to an associate. You’ll be taken to the Best Buy Mobile counter to get your device and finalize payment.
You should set aside at least 30 minutes to ensure your device will be set up properly and all your questions can be answered.
What can I do to speed up the process of picking up my mobile device?
There are a few things you can do that will really speed up the process once you’re in-store:
- Arrive at the suggested time noted on the phone call you received when making your reservation
- Bring two (2) pieces of government-issued photo ID
- Ensure the account holder is present to sign the required documents
- Know which plan you want
- Know which cell phone accessories you want
Why are certain mobile devices not available for Quick and Easy Store Pickup?
Certain highly sought after devices, and those that have been recently released are not typically available for Quick and Easy Store Pickup as inventory fluctuates to a greater extent for these items, making it difficult to ensure an item will be in stock right when you need it.
How can I pay for my mobile device when I pick it up?
Some carriers (e.g., Rogers) apply the cost of your new device right to your next wireless bill, meaning that there’s no payment made in-store. For other carriers, you can use any of our accepted in-store payments: Cash, Best Buy Canada Gift Card, Best Buy Canada card, MasterCard, VISA, or American Express, provided your card was issued in Canada or the US.
I reserved a mobile device online, does that guarantee a price?
No. Your eligibility for the price displayed online is based on the details of the plan you choose. If you’re renewing a plan and upgrading your device, you’ll need to check with a Best Buy Mobile associate in-store to make sure you qualify for an upgrade. If you’re signing up for a new plan, you should check with your carrier to ensure that the plan you want entitles you the price listed for the device online.