Common Shipping Questions
Common Shipping Questions
How long does shipping take?
Our goal is to get your items to you quickly. We use different shipping companies, depending on the size of your item, your location, and the seller.
If you’ve already placed an order, follow these easy steps and track your order.
My tracking information hasn’t been updated. Can you tell me when to expect my delivery?
Tracking and delivery information is provided by our shipping carrier and our customer experience team has access to the same tracking information that you do.
If your tracking information is taking a while to update, know this is normal. Simply check back later for the most accurate delivery information.
Are you still delivering large items?
Yes, we’re still delivering large items. Our in-home delivery services are once again available for much of Canada. If you would like your item delivered in-home, you’ll have to answer a few simple screening questions when our agent arrives at your residence. If your answers meet our safety standards, our agent can proceed with in-home delivery. If your answers do not meet our safety standards, we can still deliver your item to your doorstep.
Our delivery partners are ensuring that additional safety measures are in place during this time. For more information, please take a look at our shipping precautions for large item deliveries.
Deliveries are scheduled for large or heavy items like TVs (over 55"), appliances, mattresses, and fitness equipment. The scheduling method is based on the shipping address you enter during checkout.
- Major urban areas: you can schedule a preferred delivery date during the checkout process.
- Remote areas: once you’ve placed an order, a delivery carrier will call you within 7 days to schedule a delivery date. Please note, the delivery cost will vary based on your location.
- Need to reschedule? You can do it up to 2 days before your original scheduled delivery date.
Please note: A signature is required for all large item scheduled deliveries. Scheduled delivery items will not be left unattended.
Learn more about large item deliveries.
Every Marketplace seller has different shipping timelines. You can find seller shipping policies on the product page.
Release dates for products can sometimes change without notice or liability. If you’ve pre-ordered a product, we’ll ship it as soon as possible after its final release date, which may be different from the initial date advertised.
What if I missed my delivery?
For your safety and security, large items scheduled for delivery will not be left unattended.
If you missed a delivery which requires a signature, here’s what will happen:
1. You’ll receive a delivery notice card telling you where and when you can pick up your order. For some items, the carrier will contact you to set a delivery appointment or to confirm pickup of the order.
2. Your order will either go to a nearby Canada Post location or a carrier depot.
3. When you pick up your order, make sure you bring your order number and valid photo I.D.
Can I ship to a PO box?
Yes, via Canada Post. To make sure that orders being sent to PO boxes and rural route addresses get to their proper destination, please include a physical street address or highway number with your order. Items that are over 30kg will only be available for pick-up at the local courier pick-up depot.
Please note: oversized items, scheduled delivery items, and dangerous goods (such as pressurized CO2 canisters and batteries) require a civic address and cannot be shipped to P.O. boxes.
If my package gets lost, who do I contact?
Contact us and if you're eligible, we will start a trace with the applicable carrier on your behalf.
- Claims must be made no later than 90 days after your order was shipped.
- For orders shipped with Intelcom, claims must be submitted no later than 45 days after your order was shipped.
- Canada Post will not open a claim on your behalf, the claim has to come from the Best Buy customer experience team.