Refrigerator and Freezer Scheduled Delivery
Refrigerator and Freezer Scheduled Delivery
If you’re purchasing a refrigerator or freezer, you can schedule when you’d like the delivery to take place. For more information, please read our guide below, then once you're ready, start shopping for refrigerators and freezers.
Remember that refrigerators and freezers are big, so please make sure you measure your space before ordering, as our major appliance return policy doesn't allow for returns once they're out of the box. For help getting your space measured correctly, check out these handy measuring tips.
Under the recommendations of public health authorities, our delivery partners are taking extra precautions during this challenging time. For large item scheduled deliveries, please be aware of these additional safety measures.
Refrigerator and freezer scheduled delivery cost
If you live within a major urban area, scheduled delivery costs $79.99 for a refrigerator or freezer.
If you live in a remote area, delivery cost will vary based on your location.
Scheduling your delivery
When purchasing a refrigerator or freezer online, you'll need to enter the address you'd like your appliances(s) to be delivered to:
- If the location you enter is in a major urban area, you'll be able to schedule a preferred delivery date right away during the checkout process.
- If the address you enter is in a remote area, you'll be asked to enter a phone number. Once you've placed your order, one of our delivery partners will call you within 7 days to schedule a delivery date. Please note, the delivery cost will vary based on your location.
Once you've made your purchase online, you’ll hear from our Appliance Delivery team within 24 hours* of your purchase to:
- Confirm or change your scheduled delivery appointment
- Add installation and recycling services to your order**
- Make sure you have any required accessories
Please note that special order products have a delivery estimate of 3 or more weeks, and the date may change if there are transport delays. These items are sourced directly from the manufacturer, potentially from outside Canada.
*On holidays we’ll call you within 48 hours.
**If you're a remote delivery customer, please note that these services are not available. Call 1-866-585-4494 for more information.
Changing your refrigerator or freezer's scheduled delivery date
You can reschedule your refrigerator or freezer's delivery date up to 2 days before your original scheduled delivery date.
To do so, simply give us a call us at 1-866-585-4494 with your order number handy. You can find your order number:
- In the subject line of your order confirmation email.
- In your Order History (if you placed the order using your Best Buy Canada account).
How to prepare for your refrigerator or freezer's delivery
Before our delivery partner arrives to your residence with your refrigerator or freezer, please ensure that:
- A person who is 18 years or older is available to accept your delivery during your scheduled time window.
- The delivery path is clear of any obstacles*.
- Any old appliances are unplugged from the wall and disconnected from any other components**.
*Remote delivery customers must clear their driveway and walkways of obstacles for delivery to the door. If the delivery truck can’t reach your home because the driveway or walkway is blocked, delivery will be curbside.
**Please note that our delivery partners will not disconnect your old appliances. They also do not provide any installations.
When your refrigerator or freezer arrives
If you live in a major urban area, our delivery partners will:
- Move your old appliance to another room in your house or outside for disposal (unless it violates municipal regulations—please check your local regulations)
- Place and level your new appliance where requested
If you live in a remote area, please note that appliances can only be delivered to your door.
Installation and recycling services
Need help connecting your new refrigerator to a waterline? Our expert technicians will install a waterline for your new refrigerator and can even haul away and recycle your old refrigerator. Refrigerator Waterline Install and Recycle will be completed after your new unit is delivered.
For more information about this service, please read our refrigerator waterline installation and recycling service guide. For all other refrigerator or freezer installation services, please give us a call at 1-866-585-4494.
Need your old appliance recycled? We can safely remove and properly recycle your old appliance at the same time your new one is delivered. For more information about this service, please read our haul away and recycling service guide.
Please note: These services are not available if you live in a remote area.