Your California Rights & California Consumer Privacy Act Statement
Your California Rights & California Consumer Privacy Act Statement
Your California Rights and California Consumer Privacy Act Statement
Collection and Disclosure
During the 12-month period prior to the effective date of this Statement, we may have:
a. Collected the following categories of personal information about you:
- Identifiers: identifiers such as real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier (such as customer number, unique pseudonym, or user alias), email address, account name and signature
- Identifiers (Online): such as device identifiers, cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers and similar technology; other forms of persistent or probabilistic identifiers, Internet Protocol addresses
- Other Financial Information: such as credit card number or debit card number
- Information Related to Characteristics Protected Under California or Federal Law: characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as race, national origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity
- Commercial Information: including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, and other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies
- Internet and Other Electronic Network Activity Information: including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with websites, applications or advertisements
b. Collected personal information about you for the following business or commercial purposes:
- performing services you have purchased from or contracted for with us, including maintaining or servicing accounts, as well as providing customer service, processing or fulfilling orders and transactions, verifying customer information, processing payments, providing advertising or marketing services, providing analytics services, or providing similar services;
- auditing related to a current interaction with you and concurrent transactions, including, but not limited to, counting ad impressions to unique visitors, verifying positioning and quality of ad impressions, and auditing compliance
- short-term, transient use, including, but not limited to, the contextual customization of ads shown as part of the same interaction;
- detecting and responding to security incidents, protecting against and responding to malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity;
- debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- undertaking internal research for technological development and demonstration;
- undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us, and to improve, upgrade, or enhance the service or device that is owned, manufactured, manufactured for, or controlled by us;
- customizing your experience on our digital properties;
- processing liability claims; and
- complying with and enforcing applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards and our policies.
c. Shared your personal information with the following categories of third parties:
- our affiliates;
- our joint marketing partners;
- our business partners;
- third-party marketing partners; and
- government entities, including law enforcement.
d. Sold (as defined under California law) the following categories of personal information:
- Identifiers (online) associated with a device used to interact with our digital properties or advertisements (such as a device identifier; cookies, beacons, pixel tags, mobile ad identifiers and similar technology); and
- Internet and other electronic network activity information associated with a device used to interact with Digital Properties or advertisements.
- We do not sell the personal information of consumers under the age of 16 if we have actual knowledge of the individual’s age.
- We do not sell personal information as the term is traditionally understood, versus the definition under the CCPA—for example, we do not exchange for money personal information to data brokers or third parties for their marketing purposes independent of us.
e. Disclosed for a business purpose the following categories of personal information about you:
- Identifiers (Online)
- Other Financial Information
- Information Related to Characteristics Protected Under California or Federal Law
- Commercial Information
- Internet and Other Electronic Network Activity Information
California Consumer Privacy Rights
You have certain choices regarding our use and disclosure of your personal information, as described below.
Access: You have the right to request, twice in a 12-month period, that we disclose to you the personal information related to you we have collected during the past 12 months. This may include:
- the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you;
- the categories of sources from which we collected the personal information;
- the business or commercial purpose for which we collected or sold the personal information;
- the categories of third parties with whom we shared the personal information; and
- the categories of personal information about you that we sold or disclosed for a business purpose, and the categories of third parties to whom we sold or disclosed that information for a business purpose.
Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete certain personal information we have collected from you. Exceptions apply.
Opt-Out of Sale: You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information.
Shine the Light Request: You also may have the right to request that we provide you with (a) a list of certain categories of personal information we have disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year and (b) the identity of those third parties.
How to Submit a Request.
- To submit an access or deletion request, click here or contact us.
- To submit a Shine the Light Request, email us at CaliforniaPrivacyRights@bestbuy.com.
More information on opting out of the sale of your personal information is available here.
To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we will take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your personal information or complying with your request.
If you have an account with us, we may verify your identity by requiring you to sign in to your account.If you do not have an account with us and you request access to or deletion of your personal information, we require you to provide the following information: name, email address, phone number, and postal address.
In addition, if you do not have an account and you ask us to provide you with specific pieces of personal information, we reserve the option to require you to sign a declaration under penalty of perjury that you are the consumer whose personal information is the subject of the request.
If you designate an authorized agent to make an access, deletion or opt-out of sale request on your behalf (1) we may require you to provide the authorized agent written permission to do so, and (2) for access and deletion requests, we may require you to verify your own identity directly with us (as described above).
If you choose to exercise any of your rights under the CCPA, you have the right not to receive, and will not receive, discriminatory treatment by us. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may charge a reasonable fee to comply with your request.Employees and contractors are provided notice via different statements.
Last Update: August 2023.