Monthly Subscription is an affordable new way to always have the latest and greatest tech. In partnership with Fairstone™, you can get a brand-new laptop every two years for one low monthly price.* After two years, simply trade-in your old laptop and upgrade to a new model or pay the Keep-the-Tech Amount and hold onto the device. Questions about your Monthly Subscription or Fairstone account? Read the guide below for financing and payment information, program details, and what to expect at the end of your term.
*Conditions and exclusions apply
Accessing your Fairstone account
Receiving your monthly statements
You’ll receive your first statement from Fairstone within 30 days of purchasing a laptop with Monthly Subscription. It will contain payment details, important account information, a summary of your credit plan, and more.
Fairstone will send you your monthly statements by email. But if you’d prefer to have them printed and mailed to you, give Fairstone a call at 1-866-508-7765 to make the switch.
You can also access your monthly statements by logging into your Fairstone financing account online. For help understanding your monthly statement, read Fairstone’s statement guide.
Please make your payments to Fairstone Financial Inc. – our trusted financing partner. Monthly Subscription payments cannot be made directly to Best Buy.
Your monthly statement from Fairstone will clearly state how much you owe and when the payment is due. You can pay your bill in any of the following ways:
- Telephone or online banking (enter ‘Fairstone - Credit Cards’ as the payee)
- At your financial institution
- At a local Fairstone branch
- Mailed cheques payable to Fairstone. Include the account number and the payment amount on the return portion of your mailed monthly statement addressed to:
Fairstone Financial Inc. Attn: Payment Processing
630 René-Levesque Blvd. W. Suite 1400
Fairstone will not accept down payments to reduce your monthly payments. However, you can pay off your account balance at any time if you plan on keeping your device.
There are no penalties if you make the necessary monthly payments on time and pay the account balance in full by the end of the term. If you do not make the monthly payment on time or do not pay the balance in full by the due date, the plan will default, and interest will be charged.
Trading-in your device for an upgrade
At the end of your Monthly Subscription, you can trade-in your current working laptop at a participating Best Buy and upgrade to a new model for another 2-year term. Upgrades are subject to credit approval. Read the steps below to see how it works:
- Check the condition. To be considered for trade-in, make sure your laptop meets the required trade-in condition outlined in Schedule A of your terms and conditions. To view terms and conditions, visit our Monthly Subscription for Quebec page or Monthly Subscription for the rest of Canada page. Trade-In Program. To protect the future trade-in value of your device, we recommend adding Best Buy Protection to your Monthly Subscription package.
- Back-up your data. All data and information will be wiped from the laptop after it’s returned, so please make sure you back up your device. Best Buy Canada isn’t responsible for any loss of any data or media from products delivered to us for trade-in.
- Return the laptop. You can return your laptop in-person at a participating Best Buy store.
- Upgrade to a new model. After returning your old laptop, you can pick out a brand-new one and begin the Monthly Subscription cycle over again!
Keeping your device
Want to keep your device at the end of your term? No problem! Pay the Keep-the-Tech Amount and hold onto the device.
The Keep-the-Tech Amount will appear on your final monthly statement from Fairstone and is due after your plan expires. Once the Keep-the-Tech Amount is added to your final statement, pay the bill as you would every other month.
If you purchased a Best Buy Protection plan for your Monthly Subscription laptop, your coverage stops at the end of your term. If you want to continue enjoying all the benefits of Best Buy Protection, you'll need to purchase a new protection plan for an additional term. To get Best Buy Protection for your device, visit a store near you.
Cancelling your subscription and returning your device
Decide on a different model? Experiencing buyer’s remorse? No worries. Whatever the reason, you can cancel your Monthly Subscription and return your laptop to a Best Buy store within 30 days. After processing your return, Fairstone will credit your account.
Refer to the Best Buy return and exchange policy for full details.
Returning a device with Best Buy Protection or Best Buy Membership
Returning a Monthly Subscription laptop with a Best Buy Membership or Best Buy Protection plan included in the transaction? We'll automatically cancel your Membership and protection plan and refund you in full.
If you purchased a Best Buy Membership or Best Buy Protection plan for your device on a different transaction, we'll process a separate refund to make sure they're cancelled too.
© 2023, ᵀᴹ Fairstone Financial Inc.