Common Questions About COVID-19
Common Questions About COVID-19
In this time of uncertainty, we know you may have questions about interacting with Best Buy. We've answered some common questions you may have below, and we will continue to update this list as things change.
Store hours and experience
Are Best Buy stores open?
All Best Buy stores across Canada are open for safe shopping and access to services, as well as Quick and Easy Store Pickup. Due to provincial regulations, some services in certain provinces may be temporarily paused. Visit our store locator to see the services available at your local store.
Shipping and deliveries
Are you still shipping items purchased online?
Yes. You can still order from BestBuy.ca and have items delivered to your home. Please be aware that large items such as appliances, large TVs, and some exercise equipment will need our scheduled delivery service. Large TVs can also be picked up at a store with our Quick and Easy Store Pickup service.
When will my delivery arrive?
Currently, deliveries are functioning as normal, but there is always the possibility of unexpected delays. If you’ve already placed an order, follow these easy steps and track your order.
If your tracking information is taking a while to update, know this is normal. Check your order status page for the most accurate delivery information.
What delivery precautions are being taken?
Our trusted delivery agents will be following strict health and safety protocols to keep everyone safe. These protocols include a daily health check, wearing personal protective equipment (mandatory mask, and optional googles and gloves, as needed), and following physical distancing and cleanliness recommendations.
What services have changed?
Currently, all of our in-store, in-home, and remote services are available, including:
- In-store computer repair services where available.
- Major appliance and television repairs for products covered by Geek Squad Protection plans, as well as appliance installation and assembly services.
- Geek Squad in-home installation and repair services have resumed. However, some provinces may continue to have restrictions.
- Our Remote Support Agents are available 24/7 to help you with tech issues, from strengthening your Wi-Fi signal to setting up your home office tech. As always, our Geek Squad Home and Business members have unlimited Remote Support included in their membership.
- Geek Squad Protection (extended warranty) and support to our customers who have a claim on their Geek Squad Protection plan.
- Electronic recycling is available at all participating Best Buy stores. Visit our store locator to see if recycling services are available near you.
Precautions and safety
How are you protecting your employees and customers?
The safety and well-being of our team members and customers is our number one priority. We have introduced several measures to respond to the threat of COVID-19:
- Hand sanitizer is available for employees throughout our stores, and cleaning services have been ramped up.
- Employees are provided protective gear, including gloves and masks.
- Employees work to maintain a physical distance of 6 feet, and regularly wipe down working areas.
- In-store employees are required to complete a health check before the start of their scheduled work day.
- Specific instructions about hand-washing, staying home if they feel sick, and physical distancing are being shared with employees on an ongoing basis.
- A travel policy is in place, and we have cancelled all large in-person meetings.
- At all locations, we are requiring that all customers wear masks or face coverings while shopping in our stores.
- To keep up with provincial regulations, we may take additional measures at some of our stores.
Is it safe for those who are working at Best Buy?
We are following strict health guidelines to ensure the well-being of our team members. Employees are being asked—not required—to perform their roles, and will be equipped with all the necessary equipment to keep themselves and our customers safe.
What should I do if I’ve come into contact with someone in a store who has contracted COVID-19?
Please follow Health Canada recommendations, which include self-isolating for 14 days, self-monitoring for symptoms, and following the directions of your local or provincial healthcare authority for receiving medical support.
Why are masks now required in your stores?
Best Buy has joined many retailers by requiring that customers wear face coverings when shopping in our stores. This new requirement will help protect not only our shoppers and communities but also the tens of thousands of Best Buy employees working to serve our customers each day.
Are all customers required to wear a mask when entering a Best Buy store, with no exceptions?
Small children and those unable to wear one for health reasons may enter our stores without a mask. Our employees will attempt to expedite the shopping experience by bringing items to the checkouts or recommending ordering online for Quick and Easy Store Pickup.
What if I don't want to wear a mask?
Are you still accepting returns?
Yes. Learn what your options are for making a return by taking a look at our Best Buy product return policy.
How do I return an item?
Please consult our Returns and Exchanges page for up-to-date information on how to return specific items. You can start your return online through your order details page.