Returning or Exchanging Gifts
Returning or Exchanging Gifts
Best Buy is one of Canada's favourite places to get gifts for friends, family, and loved ones. However, we know that sometimes what you've been gifted... might not be exactly what you wanted.
Returning a Gift
If the gift wasn’t perfect, no worries: bring it back.
How to return a gift if you have a gift receipt:
- Check the item’s return policy - Check that your purchase is eligible for return using our product-specific return policies.
- Pack everything up - Make sure to bring your product (including original accessories) and gift receipt.
- Head to a Best Buy store - You can check the status of your local stores by using our store locator.
- Talk to a Blue Shirt advisor - Just mention you’d like to get a gift return started.
Please note that the value of the item(s) being returned can only be credited to a Best Buy gift card.
If you were not given a gift receipt, and you feel comfortable doing so, please ask the gift giver to come in-store to confirm their information so we can provide them with a gift receipt that they can then give to you. Once you have the gift receipt, simply follow the steps outlined above.
Extended Holiday Returns
Due to provincial guidelines affecting store operations, we’ve extended our holiday returns for Ontario and Quebec customers. For items purchased in those provinces after October 29, 2020, we’ll gladly give you a refund or exchange on your purchases until February 28, 2021.
For your convenience, some returns or exchanges can be made in-store or by mail**. Learn more about how to return or exchange a Best Buy product.
For your peace of mind, we have protocols in place to make sure your returns and exchanges are processed quickly, conveniently, and safely.
Avoid standing in line with our Best Buy Check-in. Instead of waiting in line for your return, you can save your spot and do something else while you wait. Just follow the signs at your store or get a Blue Shirt to help, and we'll tell you when it's your turn. Learn more about any service changes in your province and the reasons you can Shop with Confidence.
You can also look up your nearest store for the latest in operating hours.
- The extended holiday return policy does not apply to cellular/wireless devices or purchases from Best Buy Marketplace
- Store credit will be issued for any gift receipt returns. The value of gift items will be credited onto a Best Buy gift card.
Cancelling Your Order Online
Because we’re trying to get items to you as fast as possible, there’s a limited window to cancel your order. To see if you can cancel, find your order.
On the order details page, look for a Cancel Order button.
If the Cancel Order button isn’t there, your order is already being processed by our team and we’re unable to cancel it.
In this case, you can easily start the return process once you've received the product. Return or exchange the product at your nearest Best Buy store or you can choose to mail the product back as well.
Check out more info on cancelling or editing your order.
There are some conditions and exceptions. Learn more about returns and exchanges.