Ranges, Ovens, & Cooktops Help Hub
Ranges, Ovens, & Cooktops Help Hub
COVID-19 Precautions for Large Item Deliveries:
Under the recommendations of public health authorities, our delivery partners are taking extra precautions during this challenging time. For large item scheduled deliveries, please be aware of these additional safety measures.
Please read our guide below, then once you're ready, start shopping for ranges, ovens, and cooktops.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to what you can expect when you buy an appliance from Best Buy.
1. Measure your space
Major appliances are big so make sure you measure your space before ordering—our major appliance return policy doesn't allow for returns once they're out of the box.
2. Make your purchase
During the order process, your appliance delivery scheduling depends on whether you’re in a major urban area or a remote area. You’ll find that information in section 4 below.
Special order deliveries
Special order products have a delivery estimate of 3 or more weeks, and the date may change if there are transport delays. These items are sourced directly from the manufacturer, potentially from outside Canada.
3. We'll call you
You’ll hear from our Appliance Delivery team within 24 hours* of your purchase to:
- confirm or change your scheduled delivery appointment.
- add installation and recycling services to your order**.
- make sure you have any required accessories.
*On holidays we’ll call you within 48 hours.
**If you're a remote delivery customer, please note that these services are not available. Call 1-866-585-4494 for more information.
4. Your delivery
How much does it cost?
If you live within a major urban area, scheduled delivery costs $79.99.
When will my delivery date be scheduled?
The way appliance deliveries are scheduled depends on your location. This is based on the shipping address you enter during checkout.
- Major urban areas: you can schedule a preferred delivery date during the checkout process.
- Remote areas: once you’ve placed an order, a delivery carrier will call you within 7 days to schedule a delivery date. Please note, the delivery cost will vary based on your location.
- Need to reschedule? You can do it up to 2 days before your original scheduled delivery date.
How to prepare for your delivery:
What you do:
- Clear the delivery path of any obstacles*.
- Unplug your old appliance from the wall and disconnect it from other components*.
- Ensure a person 18 years or older is available to accept your delivery during your scheduled time window.
*Doesn't apply to remote deliveries because they are only delivered to the door.
What we do:
- Move your old range to another room in your house or outside for disposal (unless it violates municipal regulations—please check your local regulations).
- Place and level the product where requested and connect to an existing electrical outlet.
Electric Wall Ovens & Cooktops
- Place the appliance in the room of your choice (professional installation required for built-in appliances).
Gas Ranges, Ovens & Cooktops
- Place the appliance in the room of your choice (professional installation required for gas appliances).
- Gas appliances typically require special installation from a professional.
5. Need installation or recycling?
Our appliance concierge agents will give you a call after your purchase. At that time, you’ll have the option to add installation and recycling services*. If you miss this call, please contact us at 1-866-585-4494.
*If you're a remote delivery customer, please note that these services are not available.