Reserve and Pick Up
More ways to get what you need
We’ve evolved our Reserve and Pick Up experience so you can shop online and pick up your products at our stores safely and quickly. We're providing safe in-store access and our Blue Shirt advisors are ready to help get you what you need.
To reserve online and pick up at the store, you can pay upon pickup or, at some stores, pay online in advance of pickup. If you’re not feeling well, we encourage you to place an order online for convenient home delivery.
Please note: Prepaid pickup is only available at select store locations at this time. See our store locator for the most up-to-date information.
Here's how it works:
1. Reserve the product you want online at a store you’d like pick it up at. Some stores may request payment at the time of reservation.
2. We’ll email you when your order is ready for pickup. We’ll hold your order for 24 hours before putting it back on the shelf. If you have prepaid for your order, we’ll hold it for 5 days before cancelling it.
3. Head to your selected store with your ID and email confirmation to pick up your order.
If you’re paying at the store:
- We’ll hold your item for 24 hours before putting it back on our shelves.
If you’re paying before pickup:
- Your purchase will be charged on your method of payment when the order is ready for pick up.
- Please wait for your Ready for Pickup email before coming to the store. It may take up to 90 minutes to receive since we need to process your payment.
- We’ll hold your item for 5 days before putting it back on our shelves and refunding your payment.
What types of safety measures can I expect?
We're providing safe in-store access which include clear store signage and proper physical distancing and capacity limits for in-store shopping and services. Cleanliness is top-of-mind, so common surfaces are wiped down and sanitized regularly.
How do I cancel my reservation?
If you've changed your mind, you don't need to do anything to cancel your order. Your reservation will be automatically cancelled after 24 hours, or after 5 days if you have prepaid for your order.
How do I cancel my reservation if I’ve prepaid for my order?
If you have not received a confirmation email that your order is available, you can go to the order status page provided in your reservation received email and cancel your order online.
If your order has been confirmed, we’ll call after 48 hours and you can let us know to cancel your order and your refund will be processed, or you can wait 5 days and your order will be automatically cancelled and the full amount will be returned to your original method of payment.
Why haven’t I received my email confirmation?
For prepaid pickup orders, it may take up to 90 minutes for your order to be confirmed. If you still haven’t received your email confirmation after 90 minutes, be sure to check your junk folder as it may have ended up in the wrong place.
Why was my reservation declined?
Sometimes an item may show as being available for pick-up at BestBuy.ca, but by the time the store receives your order and looks for the items to reserve, these items may already have been sold to another customer.
For items with limited quantities, Best Buy reserves the right to decline orders to ensure stock is available for walk-in customers.
Can I reserve an item and have someone else pick it up?
Yep! When you’re reserving your item online, you can select yourself or someone else to pick up your order. Make sure you enter the contact information for the person picking it up.
What happens if I reserve an item and the price changes before I pick it up?
Once a reservation is confirmed by the store via email, it not only reserves the physical product for you in the selected store but also the price of that product at the time of the reservation.
This means if the price goes up between the time your reservation is confirmed and the time you arrive at the store, you’ll still pay the price of the item when the reservation was confirmed.
If the price is lower when you get to the store, you’ll pay the lower price based on our Low Price Guarantee.
Please note: If the price of a product is being displayed incorrectly we reserve the right to reject the sale at the incorrect price and process the sale using the correct price in accordance with our Conditions of Use.
Can I reserve a phone with a plan for pick up?
Yes, but it works a little differently than our typical Reserve and Pick Up model. Start by selecting a phone online and follow the steps provided. A Mobile Advisor will then call you to start the phone activation from the comfort of your home. A Blue Shirt advisor will help you finish the rest of the activation when you go to your chosen store to pick up your phone.
At certain times, and for certain products, Reserve and Pick Up may be unavailable to allow all customers in-store and online equal access to:
- Specific sale items (e.g. Boxing Day/Week sale items)
- Limited quantity/hot items
- Online-only items
- Large items that require Scheduled Delivery
- Services (e.g. Geek Squad, Service Plans, etc.)
- Gift Cards
- Pre-order items