Common Questions About COVID-19
In this time of uncertainty, we know you may have questions about interacting with Best Buy. We've answered some common questions you may have below, and we will continue to update this list as things change.
Store Hours and Experience
Are Best Buy stores still open?
At many of our locations across Canada, we’ve temporarily closed our in-store shopping experience. Instead, we’re offering our store-front pickup service for online orders to make sure you still get the products you need.
How does store-front pickup work?
- First, reserve a product online and select your nearest Best Buy store location.
- Once you have received an email to confirming your reservation, you can then go to the selected store.
- Upon arrival, you will be asked to line up with appropriate physical distancing, then, when it is your turn, you will be able to complete payment, and pick up your item from the store-front.
By utilizing just our store-front, we restrict access to our store and support one customer at a time. This enables us to wipe down areas after every single interaction and guarantee physical distancing.
Are any stores closed?
At this time, all Best Buy Mobile locations (stores located in malls), our Clearance Centres, and all stores in Quebec are temporarily closed.
For the most up to date information about your nearest stores, check our store locator.
Shipping and Deliveries
Are you still shipping items purchased online?
Yes. You can still order from BestBuy.ca and have items delivered to your home. Please be aware that, for the moment, large items such as appliances, large TVs, and some exercise equipment will need our scheduled Out of Home and Building Delivery service.
When will my delivery arrive?
We are all doing our best to adjust to the unpredictability of this situation. If it’s not possible to meet a delivery date, we will keep you updated. We appreciate your understanding.
To check your order’s status, please follow these easy steps and be sure to track your order for the most accurate delivery information.
What delivery precautions are being taken?
Our delivery partners are following the recommendations of public health authorities, and are taking these extra precautions, effective immediately:
- Our delivery partners will only deliver large items to the outside of your front door, and if you live in an apartment or condominium, large item deliveries will be made to the front door of your building, not your suite.
- Haul-away services of old appliances and large items have been suspended.
- Appliance installation services and TV and Major Appliance Extended Warranty repairs have been suspended.
What services have changed?
We have made the following temporary changes to our services to ensure the well-being of our team members and customers:
- We will continue to provide in-store computer repair services alongside our store-front pickup service where available. A Geek Squad Agent will meet you at the door to discuss the repair process.
- Geek Squad in-home visits are temporarily suspended. Geek Squad remote service remains available 24/7 by Chat and Phone to support the technology in your home. As always, our Geek Squad Home and Business members have unlimited Remote Support included in their membership.
- We continue to offer Geek Squad Protection (extended warranty) and support to our customers who have a claim on their Geek Squad Protection plan.
- Our in-home advisors are offering remote support only.
- We are not accepting electronics for recycling.
- Our trade-in program is temporarily suspended.
- Our financing program is suspended at this time.
Precautions and Safety
How are you protecting your employees and customers?
The safety and well-being of our team members and customers is our number one priority. We have introduced several measures to respond to the threat of COVID-19:
- Hand sanitizer is available for employees throughout our stores, and cleaning services have been ramped up.
- Our reserve online for store-front pickup system restricts access to our stores and ensures physical distancing. Staff wipe down working areas after every customer interaction.
- Specific instructions about hand-washing, staying home if they feel sick, and physical distancing are being shared with employees on an ongoing basis.
- A strict travel policy is in place, we have cancelled all large in-person meetings, and all travel for staff.
Is it safe for those who are working at Best Buy?
We are following strict health guidelines to ensure the well-being of our team members. Employees are being asked—not required—to perform their roles, and will be equipped with all the necessary equipment to keep themselves and our customers safe.
How will I know if I’ve come into contact with someone in a store who has COVID-19?
If we learn that an employee has the virus, we will make every effort to contact customers who may have been in contact with that individual.
What should I do if I’ve come into contact with someone in a store who has contracted COVID-19?
Please follow Health Canada recommendations, which include self-isolating for 14 days, self-monitoring for symptoms, and following the directions of your local or provincial healthcare authority for receiving medical support.
Are there any store closures due to employees with COVID-19?
We closed our Centreville store in Montreal on March 28 after an employee was diagnosed with COVID-19. Our colleague is now at home in isolation. We wish them a quick return to good health.
Are you still accepting returns?
Yes. To support our customers and our community, we have changed our returns policy and are still accepting returns for items purchased after February 19. These items can be returned or exchanged until May 1, 2020.
How do I return an item?
Please consult our Returns and Exchanges page for up-to-date information on how to return specific items. Please note that at this time we cannot return cash or debit payments for purchases made in-store then returned using our mail returns process. In this case, your refund amount will be in the form of Best Buy gift cards.
Getting in Contact
How can I contact Best Buy?
Please note that live chat is currently offline, and our contact centre is extremely busy during this challenging time. We are committed to helping you, and we apologize for the inconvenience. These are the most efficient ways to contact us right now:
- If it’s urgent, please give call us at 1-866-237-8289. We have a convenient call-back feature so you won’t have to wait on hold.
- If it isn’t urgent, feel free to email us. Please note: it’ll take 5 to 7 business days for us to reply due to the high contact centre volume.