Battery and Electronic Recycling Program
In light of the evolving COVID-19 situation, we have temporarily suspended our Battery and Electronic Recycling Program. Although this program is important to us and the environment, the health and safety of our team members and customers is the highest priority. Please hold on to your recyclables—we’ll be happy to help you with recycling in the future.
Do you have old electronics or batteries you'd like to get rid of? You can recycle them at Best Buy stores —even if you didn’t buy them from us.
What can I recycle?
We’ve partnered with Electronic Products Recycling Association (EPRA) and Call2Recycle to recycle products ranging from batteries and cellphones to microwaves and home theatre systems. Check out our list below to find out what products are accepted for recycling.
Where can I recycle my stuff?
You can recycle accepted items at our stores across Canada. Just bring them to the customer service desk and put batteries in the Call2Recycle box. We can’t accept items for recycling at our Best Buy Mobile stores or Best Buy Kiosk locations.
What should I do before I recycle my item?
Remove personal information from electronic devices before you recycle them. We’re not liable for any data that’s still on your device, and we can’t recover or return any recycled products.
Products accepted for recycling
- Batteries (alkaline, lithium ion, rechargeable, and cell phone batteries under 5 pounds)
- Cellular Devices and Pagers
- Computer Peripherals
- Cords and Cables
- Countertop Microwave Ovens
- Desktop Computers
- Desktop & Portable Scanners
- Desktop Printers/ Multi-Function Printers
- Display Devices - TVs, Monitors
- External Storage Drives and Modems
- GPS and Portable Car Electronics
- Home Audio/Video Systems
- IT and Telecom Equipment
- Medical and Monitoring Equipment
- Musical Instruments
- Non-Cellular Telephones and Answering Machines
- Personal/Portable Audio Systems
- Portable Computers
- Small/Large Battery Powered Toys
- Vehicle Audio/Video Systems
- Video Gaming Systems and Accessories
I want to recycle something that’s not on your list. What can I do?
If you want to recycle something that’s not on our list, please contact your local municipality for details on how to recycle or throw it out properly.