California Consumer Privacy Act
Do Not Sell My Personal Information
Best Buy does not sell (as “sell” is traditionally defined) your personal information to third parties.
That is, we don’t provide your name, phone number, address, email address or other personal information to third parties in exchange for money.
But under California law, sharing information for advertising purposes may be considered a “sale.” If you have visited our website or used our mobile apps within the past 12 months and you’ve seen ads, under California law your information was “sold” to our advertising partners.
As part of online advertising, we and our advertising partners may collect information about your interactions with us when you visit our website or use our mobile apps.
This information includes:
- Type of device, operating system and/or browser you’re using
- Cookies stored on your browser
- Identifiers, including advertising identifiers on your device
- IP address of your device
- Your browsing and purchasing behaviour while on our website
- Best Buy domain name
- Website you visited before you visited our site
- Other data or information normally captured as part of online advertising activities
We may share this information with third-party advertising partners.
Why does Best Buy share this information?
We, along with our advertising partners, use the information we collect through cookies and similar technologies to provide a more personalized experience on our website and mobile apps. Sharing this information with advertising partners lets us tailor and deliver advertising that may be more relevant or interesting to you.
Who are Best Buy’s advertising partners?
You can learn more about our advertising partners and their privacy practices here:
Advertising partners are subject to changes at any time without notice.
How to Opt Out of the Sale of Your Information
You can opt out of the sale of your information through cookies, by:
- Blocking all cookies in your browser
- Adjusting your mobile device’s privacy settings
Blocking cookies in your browser
Learn how to block cookies in these common browsers:
For other browsers, check their support website. And if you use multiple browsers or devices, you’ll need to block cookies and adjust your privacy settings on each browser for each device.
When you block cookies:
- You might still see ads.
- Some web pages might not be displayed correctly.
- Some websites or apps might not function correctly.
- You might not be able to view some websites.
- You might not be able to take advantage of personalized features.
- You are not opted out of interest-based advertising.
Adjusting your mobile device’s privacy settings (opting out)
The Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) is a reliable source to help you find your choices on various mobile devices. See their information on opting out on mobile devices
Best Buy is continuing to make updates to make it easier for you to control your privacy options – so please check back.